new to the game of drifting

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by s15 drifter, Aug 12, 2005.

1. s15 drifter

s15 drifter Guest

hello i just bought the drift package s15 mr14 sd cgm
    im really new at this whole drifting thing i was looking at the setting sheet for my r/c but have no idea what all this means. would someone please help me with this problem. thank you
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

The fastest and best way to learn all that is to buy a "RC Driver" mag, it has all those terms and such in the back.
  3. s15 drifter

s15 drifter Guest

i would go that route but its not that easy. im in the military and im stationed in japan. they do have mags available here but its only in japanese. so im stuck on this situation. the people at the store dont really understand what im triing to say. can you help me. thank you. joel
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ouch. Ah, i see. Ya, i'll scan my newest mag i got and post a link for it.
  5. s15 drifter

s15 drifter Guest

thanks for your help. yea japan is cool just hard to get around because i cant understand anybody.
  6. fossil

fossil Guest

Hey guys can you please tell me what PVC is and where u can get it?. coz i wanna start drifting.
  7. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

PVC is that white plastic pipe you get for plumbing from the hardware store, and ABS is black plastic piping you also get from the hardware store. I suggest looking for ABS its black (more realistic) and it simulates real drifting better than PVC, It is also favored by most drifters.
  8. takumi

takumi Guest

From what I've been told from people ABS pipe is what you should use. Apperently if you use PVC pipe when you drift the friction causes heat and the pipe lets off harmful gases.
  9. agmon

agmon Guest

I used to work at a shop where vinyl was injection molded. the fumes were bad enough, but not irritating. I think a drift car would not give off enough fumes to bother anyone, especially if it is used outdoors where there is plenty of fresh air.