new to Remote Controll, please help

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by ASH630, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ASH630

ASH630 New Member

I am new to making remotely controlled vehicles, and I would like to know what I need to make something...

Essentially I need a remote that will control two motors to go either forward, back, or stop independently.

If anyone could please let me know what I need (other than the motors) to make this work, I would be very appreciative.

Edit: The two motors will be electric motors.
  2. ASH630

ASH630 New Member

Also I will be using 12 volts, if that makes any difference.
  3. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

It's been a while so I'm open to correction.

Basically you need to buy a transmitter, a receiver and a number of servos
    The price depends on the the number of servos you want to contol. I think the minimum now is four - though can plug in one if you want

These servos come in different sizes depending on the size of machine you want to control.

I had a 100% record with my electric flying - everything I flew crashed!

Have a look on some Remote Control forums or website for more info

Good Luck
  4. ASH630

ASH630 New Member

Ok, so I need some Servos... Would I be able to have one servo to control the forward/off/reverse motion of one of the motors? Or would I need one servo to control the forward/off, and another to control off/reverse?

Also would it be possible to purchase a circuit board that would do the same as the servos even though I am going to be operating in 12v?

I have a pawn shop near me that sells used R/C parts that I was thinking of getting the transmitter and receiver from, I just needed to check if I can get the rest of my parts there as well.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Usually we don't allow posts in old threads, but this kin of information can be really helpful, it's more than a "Hey that's nice" post, which makes if substantial. :)