New to paper folding

jim_bow

Jul 9, 2011
Cleethorpes, UK
Hello everyone my name is Jim and I have only recently discovered the pleasures and pains of making paper models.

It all started not too long ago when me and a friend wanted to make some paper terrain for our own 25mm wargames. I used to make simple nets using the shape tools on Microsoft Powerpoint but I ran into difficulty when I wanted to make larger and more complex shapes. After a quick search online I found Pepakura and after playing around with it and looking at the amazing models and costumes others had made I was hooked!

I'm not too bad with Blender and the GIMP and I know the basics of the Pepakura software. I just need to refine my skills with the models themselves as I've crushed the last few delicate ones.

I'm particularly interested in Sci-fi stuff and I'd love to be able to one day make some Star Trek TNG models similar to the Storm Troopers by Tirik Fire which I saw on this site.

Thanks for reading,
Jim.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: for the forum! There are many fine designers/ builders/ Artists/ here. Post pics, browse through the threads and post comments, have fun!

After 10 posts, you will have access to the download section where you will find many free models to build, study, and generally have fun with!:wave:

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Welcome Jim!
Always glad to see new members; especially with an interest towards Sci-fi (my FIRST love!).

Looking forward to seeing your designs and projects in work.

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo
PM me if you need my e-mail address

jim_bow

Jul 9, 2011
Cleethorpes, UK
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! There sure is a lot of inspiration and tips to pick up from the members of this forum and I hope to enjoy submitting my work as much as building the work of others too.