New to N Scale (after long time)

Freddo

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi All,

I've joined The Gauge and been lurking around for only a short while -- fascinated by the skill levels and the wonderful camaraderie here.

Years ago (about 27) I was a (then) young HO model railroader with my bright-green sawdust grass and lichen trees (purchased in boxes). The layout was dead flat all across the 4x8 sheet. That's all history. For the last two years, I spent a ton of funds on books and magazines about model railroading (actually more than on trains and materials). I've seen hundreds of web sites and decided that N scale was the scale for me. So here I am.

I intend to visit The Gauge as much as possible and will get a "handle" on photographing my progress (to supply with the posts). I've got great Nikon 35mm equipment (yes - lenses with f32). I'm an outdoor scenic and nature photographer by hobby too. I just need to figure out the lighting methods for the trains and tracks in my shop now.

My first ever (and current) N scale layout is 30" X 60" with a rather steep (4%) grade because I "just had" to have tunnels and bridges and my favorite thing, a waterfall and river. So - as soon as possible, I'll get some progress shots up here.

My thanks to the founders of this group! Also - my thanks now in advance to its members for sharing your creativity and experiences. All are very inspiring !

Kind regards -- Fred

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Fred!
Welcome to The Gauge!
This place has been a load of help & inspiration to me too!
I look forward to hearing & seeing what you're up to!

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Welcome Freddo!

Your HO layout sounds just like the one I have that my dad built......lol....flat as pancake with sawdust grass and lime green lichen trees. Your new layout sounds like the one I want but probably won't build for some time to come, I will try to revitalize dads first.

Looking forward to seeing your photos and progress. You've come tothe right place for camraderie, advice and encouragement.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Welcome to the best Forum on the net. The folks here are ready and willing to answer all of your questions and will provide you with any and all the advise and assistance that you could ever hope for. We look forward to seeing your photos and work.:) :)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Welcome aboard Freddo

Welcome aboard to the Gauge Freddo and the Brotherhood of N Gaugers.

One of the important reasons I switched back (started in N Gauge when Postage Stamp Tains by Aurora were "in") to N was the opportunity to run 35/50 car trains thru a 8' section and believe the view.

The information that passes here is tremendous.

'look forward to your pics.

Mark