new to forum

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by the gricer, Aug 16, 2006.

1. the gricer

the gricer New Member

I am new to this forum. I like how people post pictures of thier layouts, big and small. I have recieved a lot of inspiration from these posts. To return the favor I thought I would post pics of my layout. (it is on the small side) Most I am sure will recognize it as the Atlas trackplan "Unhinged and Horizontal" modified somewhat.

Attached Files:

2. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

Welcome Aboard the Gauge Gricer !!!! We hope you enjoy your stay.. You are among the best of friends here.
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Most definately a very nice layout.As just mentioned above you are among friends here,welcome aboard.
  4. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Welcome back...

...old timer!

Layout looks great. I'm just getting restarted myself- thanks for posting the pics.
  5. Meiriongwril

Meiriongwril Member

Nice - the fisherman is real neat!
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Welcome aboard! Nice work on that layout. Terrific looking water scene! OK, I gotta know the story behind the Nottawasippie. (Route of the Rat?)
  7. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Wow...really nice layout!!! What a great track plan...lots to do with great scenery and interest.
  8. the gricer

the gricer New Member

Nottawassippee- Indian name for a local river, called by its english name these days. The animal on the logo is a "Muskrat", once plentiful along the river banks, still quite a few left. So I thought it was an apt mascot. Like the Great Northern has a big horn sheep because it traverses the Rockies, same kind of idea.

musk•rat (musk' rat) n., pl. -rats or -rat [< Algonquian musquash] 1. An aquatic rodent of North America (Ondatra zibethica), having dark, glossy brown fur, a flattened tail, webbed hind feet, and a musky odor; also called water rat. 2. The valuable fur of this rodent.

9. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I thought it was a mountain goat?
  10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I like it!
  11. 3railguy

3railguy Member

I love it!
  12. trainman4

trainman4 Member

That water looks so good i can almost see the trout.very nice job:thumb: