New Titanic from Sir Currell - Beta Report

SCEtoAux

milenio3,
That is a good looking ship model.

Looks like Ralph Currell is maintaining the high level of his offerings, and you are doing a very good job of building the ship. :)

milenio3

Thanks for the compliments, my friends.

Well, Bengt, Ralph is thinking on sometime next week to release the model. All I can say is keep refreshing the web site!

cbg

Saturday, april 14 anniversary

@ Bengt; others,

I would imagine it would be appropriate to release this model on the night she sank, April 14, 1912. Can't believe that was 95 years ago. . .

cbg

milenio3

Friends, you are totally right. Ralhp wants to release the Titanic on April 14, or so.

So, given the fact that I'll be on vacations beginning this weekend, I give you here, the last photographs of the Titanic Construction Report.

milenio3

So, let's begin with the lifeboats.

DSCN0924.jpg

Yes, they are TINY, but definitively look good.

DSCN0925.jpg

milenio3

Now, the masts... oh, the masts...!!!:cry:

Ralph told me he made them from toothpicks, sanded. I went, in a hurry, for 0.45 mm wire. I KNOW you will come up with more options, and more appealing masts, so I beg you to share your experiences when you go for this ship.

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

As you can see in the bow mast, the crow's nest is already in place. It is, I think, the most tiny part on this model.

milenio3

And since I wanted to take it to my model club's meeting, I ended the Titanic at 3:00 AM in the morning, April 1st like this>

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0950.jpg

milenio3

And yes, I received praises for the model on the club... even the most heavenly words a paper modeler can receive: "I can't believe it's paper".

DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

Bengt F

'RMS Titanic' Model 1:200 Scale by Ralph Currell

Gerardo, my friend,

Wonderful progress on this miniature project! I just can´t wait until the 14th of April, when Ralph probably will 'surprise' us all with the release of this amazing model . . .

Good luck with the last finishing touches, compadre!
Bengt :D

milenio3

All right! Just a heads-up to check Ralph's web site.

Thanks compadre Bengt & Allhalloweve for your comments.

rlwhitt

Gerardo,

Thanks for bringing this build to us, she looks wonderful! And kudos to Mr Currell - his stuff is top notch!

Rick

still no postings of the Titanic yet :( . i would guess that maybe it will be released on April 10 th the day she started her maiden crossing?? i cant wait to have all 3 sisters sitting next to each other.
and in doing some research on her sinking . it stated that if she would have hit the berg head on at a reduced speed she would have stayed afloat longer so that a rescue of her passengers and crew would have been possible.
i also read that if she hit the berg head on at a slower speed, with her water tight doors shut she may have some how limped closer to New York . she may or may not have had to go down :( there were lots of if's at the time of the impact. if her water tight doors were not shut and she hit head on , she may have limped some how to New York, or all her crew and passengers could have been rescued, and she would have settled on an even keel with out going down at the head, and snapping in half between 3rd and 4th stacks:( . or she was just a doomed ship when her first keel plates were laid. we will never know:(
alos a few years back, popular mechanics magazine had an article about the Titanic 2. she was to be the spitting image of her name sake but only in appearance. was she ever built??? or did that fall through??

~*~ still working on USS OHIO slow but sure~*~

Jim Krauzlis

Superb job, Gerardo!

That picture with the cube reveals the actual size very nicely, and makes your achievement with this model all the more spectacular! I am like many others looking forward to seeing this model posted by Sir Currell!

Thanks so much for sharing your build with us, and all those execellent progress photos...a very enjoyable thread, as always, my friend!

Cheers!
Jim