New Skin!! New Look!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by zathros, Jul 30, 2013.

1. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Our CG person Paul is great and on top of things. I sent him a note maybe two hours ago and he took care of it in what I consider lighting time! We'll fix as we go along. If you see something that is not working, please post it as a clear single sentence so I can copy and paste the problem,. Thanks! :)
  2. zathros

:mrgreen::thumb::cool:announce1:confused:sign1:eek::rolleyes::p:twisted::oops:wall1:wave: :mrgreen: :cool: announce1:eek: :curse: :wave::oops::yep: :neutral::evil::( :-D hamrgoldtoth1:idea::mad:peasoup bday2:cool:;-) :?: :sad: :roll: :shock: :| :arrow: :?: o:???: :car1: :agree1: :canada1: :flush1: :patriot1: :java1: :goldcup: :v8: :violin1::whip1: :rippedoff: :rizz1: :winter1: :yinyang1: :D :rofl::steamtrain: :):-x:woot1::row1: :roll1: :repost1: :welcome1::wave7: :genius2: :inmew: :killer::joust1: :excited1: :drag1: :driver1: :x :!: :-? 8) :-| :-( :grin: :smile::-o :wink: jawdrop balloon6 bday1 :sleeping: bounce7aussie ;) stooges8 fence1 train97 :nope: wall1 :twisted: :rolleyes: sign1 :cry: :confused::thumb:

I can live with this.
  3. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Something's not right...

Maybe I did not express myself right, which is no surprise, since English is not my first language. I see that the icons for messages are fine, but I meant the ones that are used next to the post title.
    Whenever you start a post in Advanced mode, there are a few POST ICONS right after the post/message editing window; these are the ones after the message "You may chose an icon for your message from the following list:". In my computer, the symbols don't match their old names.
    I'm probably doing something wrong, or maybe some setting that I may have forgotten. For example, I've chosen the "Red Face" icon for this very post title (Something's not right...), and it shows a small telephone. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

4. zathros

Let me check it out. :).....................................

I tried this one :curse: and this one :p this one :oops: ? Can you tell me which Icon? I click on the Icon I want, to be honest, I never looked at the names. They have all worked fine. For informational purposes, I use Firefox as my browser.

Could you make a post with just the Emoticon Some sentence will be needed, but keep it separate the sentence, so I can check out what's happening. Thanks. You wrote your sentence fine, I misunderstood you. Your English is better than many of the people in the town I live in, by the way. American English is what is spoken there and their are except for around 10 people, out of 26,000, everyone speaks that English. I'm one of the 10 that can speak a couple of other languages. (a bit of hyperbole, just to make a point) :)
  5. cafe

cafe Member

Rogerio is talking about the icons below the reply composing field. See cap below. And yep, the icon with the "red face" label is indeed a telephone. I'm using it for this post, so let's see if it shows up after I click "submit reply". (edit: it does)

edit: Which results in this:

They're clearly part of the new theme and replaced the old post icons while keeping the old labels (that are now wrong).
  6. Rogerio Silva

An image is worth a thousand words...

My great friend, I believe that the image below will show what I'm talking about. I took the liberty of showing partially my and your posts, and put two (very poorly drawn) arrows pointing to the icons.
    You'll see that they are different than what they used to be. I hope this image clears things out.
    Thanks once again for your patience,

Attached Files:

7. zathros

I see now , that is called the "Post Icons", I will check it out tomorrow and see if that can be changed. It may be part of the package or may be changeable. Thanks Rogerio. :)
  8. zathros

I have sent a request to see if it can be returned/fixed/or whatever it is called. I do now understand what you have written Rogerio. Thank You for YOUR patience Rogerio! You certainly wrote it clear enough! :)
  9. scyeige

scyeige Member

Please let users change the theme... this is really bad for my eyes!
  10. zathros

You're in the minority, I'm sorry. This is how it's going to stay. Look at the beginning of the thread and make sure your monitor is adjusted properly. I build computers and most people have their computer monitors set up wrong. I have trouble seeing and have found this very relaxing on the eyes. My left eye has a piece of debris blocking a 1/4 of the lens, and suffer from Vitreous tugs. I still see it fine, better even. The bright overall light being gone is not straining my eyes.

Give it time, and you will get used to it. :)
  11. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have to say that I like the new skin.
    I wear glasses (for reading), and I have no problems with reading any of the posts. All of the photos and attachments really pop out.

As Zathros has said, we are collecting each concern and making notes as to what the bugs are so they can be fixed.
  12. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

I must say that the new theme is growing on me. Thank goodness the text colour was lightened. It's really looking good so far.
  13. tjbmurph

tjbmurph Member

The brightened text is much easier now, thanks! I do like this skin, and as the quirks are worked out, it gets better and better :)
  14. zathros

If anyone find more quirks, that have not been listed, post them here, please. The only one I know of is the "Post Icons" The descriptions not matching what is shown, as pointed out by Rogerio. We sure look up to date! I think the more I use it, I like it even more! :)
  15. Rogerio Silva

Now I'm glad!

I'm glad I could help! Thanks for the opportunity! :thumb: :mrgreen: :cool: BTW, the Post Icon in this messagem is "Happy". sign1
  16. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Just for the record, the front page hasn't changed yet. :wave:
  17. zathros

I have yet to ever have used the Front Page! :)
  18. Rogerio Silva

Being fair...

I hadn't seen it, but cafe pointed the same thing I stated in his post (

Allors, merci beaucoup aussi pour vouz, cafe = So, thank you very much too, cafe! And sorry for my bad French (don't like to use Google, unless it's inevitable...)!
  19. sgoti

sgoti Member

Ok, the default text color is better. This is a VAST improvement from the "tone on tone" color scheme that was first pushed on us, but it still hurts my eyes.

Contrast, etc are just fine on my computer- I will not be making any changes just for this site.

Probably no big deal, since I am here infrequently. Guess I'l just make it more infrequently... (is that an oxymoron? :mrgreen:)
  20. zathros

I erased what I previously wrote, though I am sure some read it. I don't appreciate being misrepresented. This statement:
    No one asked you to.

This comment:
    How should I reply to that. Is that "tongue in cheek" or "foot in mouth"?

The calibration picture I posted is for professional use and contrary to the opinion of many, monitors have a standard of calibration, and if you design models or do a lot of Photoshop or any kind of other illustrations, your monitor has to be set up right to match what you think you may see correctly. A badly set up monitor will cause print colors to be off. I look at some models and wonder what "they were thinking".
    I wonder. My computer has nice contrasts too. I'd have to paint it to change it. My three 24" Acer monitors however are calibrated correctly, they look fantastic. I never cared much how my computer looked and I would not change it's color for any forum either.

Till your next infrequent post .............................:wave: