New site: Skip's Paper Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Jaybats, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Skip, who made the new Xwing and AT-ST walkers over at the John's LVHCC site, has put up his own site here:

..and it's rapidly growing with Star Trek models!
  2. angevine

angevine Member

All I get when I click this link is a site trying to inform me i've a prize, which I know will lead to alsort of spam and crap!

If anyone else get this, stay well clear.
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Woohoo... he's off to a great start! interesting 'how it all started'. I wonder how many of us (Sci-Fi guys anyway) have started card modelling thanks to Jan's models (Aliens)

Thanks Jaybats.

Angevine ? 50megs is your typical free server ~ lots of pop-ups ~ some adds take up a lot of space at the top of the page and will often open multiple windows (in front of the main page) did you see Skips models?
  4. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Yes, it's a very familiar story!

Angevine: i use Firefox with the pop-blocker on, and rarely get pop-ups and ads. try using one with your browser.
  5. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Please give Skip a little breathing room. He is very excited to bring his models to all, and to learn HTML in starting his own site. I've tried his site, and it might be my firefox popup blocker but I get no popups, although I see he or his host has added quite a bit of adverts to the site. A note to him constructively telling him your concerns might go a long way to improving his site, and inspire him.
  6. Texman

Texman Guest

Yup, all you need is a pop up blocker. Mine blocked'em!

7. angevine

angevine Member

I found out the problem. I clicked the link and all it showed was the advert. the link should have been
    I have a pop up blocker. and thankfully it works well.
  8. Ziga

Ziga Member

What happened to all the models there? They seem to be gone.
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, that's the internet for you, nothing is forever.:roll:
    There is an e-mail address at the bottom of the page.
    Maybe you can try contacting the owner of the site.

10. cjd

cjd Member

Go to the bottom of the page, and click on the blue 'Birth of the Federation'
    button. That will take you to the latest project & models.

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for pointing that out, Chris!
    My mind is trained to ignore all the big buttons and banners while surfing the net and on top of that I was looking for a text link, like the rest of the page.
    If it was a snake he would have bit me several times!:oops: