New shots from my layout

jeffrey-wimberl

Here are some shots from my layout, such as it is.

lsa1.jpg

In this first one, I was seeing if I could make a decent 'night shot'.

lsa2.jpg

Same shot, but with the lights on.

lsa3.jpg

Here I decided to turn the locos light on and "WOW", did that make a difference!

lsa4.jpg

Same subect, straight on shot.

lsa5.jpg

This shot came out pretty good. The loco on the right is an E7, on the left is an E6.

lsa6.jpg

Another 'night' shot. Yes, that's a Union Pacific E6B you see there.

lsa7.jpg

Here's one of my industrial areas.

lsa8.jpg

A different angle on the industrial area. That's a GP30 lashed up to the UP E6B.

lsa9.jpg

Birds eye view of the industrial area. The black cylinders on the left are something that can be found in about every rural backyard in the US. Septic tanks.

lsa10.jpg

A look down the spur going into the left side of the industrial area. That's an EMD SW1200 you see there.

Gil Finn

That night shot looks realy good. Day light does too but fix that crack in the wall, you letting the cold air out and the humming bird sized skeeters insign1

By the way in that last picture, what is that lying next to the track, a dead armadillo?:eek:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I like the night shots too and the back drop with the sky looks like it goes on for miles.
The industrial area looks busy and interesting. Ballast and ground cover on your foam base will really make your work look more realistic. Keep us updated!
Ralph

Tommybza

real nice there, the night train shots for shure grab the eye . I did not notice the armadillo at first i was looking at your focal point the crane .cool
Tom.

jeffrey-wimberl

EngineerKyle said:
I like the grass you made to look like green plaster!
sign1 Funny looking stuff isn't it? That's just the paint I put down on the plaster base. The next step will be to get some ground cover down. I'll be usiing a combination of WS ground foam, real sand and dirt (sifted of course) to make the ground cover.