NEW! Saturn 1B Pedestal(Milkstool)1:144

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, Feb 15, 2009.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Attached Files:

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Oh oh...George B is going to have a field day

John John
  3. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

That is the first thing that has made REALLY want to build a 1B!
  4. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

.....Holy $ is amazing. The detail is incredible..
  6. the mole

the mole Member

Looks like Dave has come though again with the MIlkStool.

I have often wonder why I never see any build threads on the DM Production LUT done here. I did see George B. thread but it was and upscale.

I also wonder how meany have these kits and find them overwhelming after they get a look at it.
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

If anyone is interested I asked Dave if he is going to release the milkstool at 1/96 scale?
    He has replied YES.

(Yet another model on my shopping list!!)wall1

8. the mole

the mole Member

That's good to here. I just order the 1/144 scale one. I had planed on down scaling a paper Saturn 1b for the 1/144. That 1/96 scale LUT is a big build and my room is limited
  9. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

How about A VAB to go with it all, better yet, LC-39A and LC-39B and the Crawlerway and the VAB.

Yeah, I'll got to my room.
  10. the mole

the mole Member

One of the things I like about David models is it looks like you're looking at the real thing. He goes for a realistic affect as opposed to a pristine looking LUT, which it never looked pristine while it was actually being used. By the time Apollo 11 came 'round it was pretty used looking. I feel the paper, pre-printed graphics actually create a more realistic effect, and feel to the model.
  11. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

The kits are very interesting but I think that he needs to do more if he is offering it in different scales, It looks like the origional tower and Pad were designed @ 1/144, they look great and are worth it.

However the 1/96 scale seems like a simple scale up...which might work but the graphics became too pixelated...bit disappointing really..

But we will see what pther wonders he will accomplish..

John John
  12. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I have both his 1:96 LUT and Crawler. Just waiting till I can find the time and the space for them. What I would realy like to do is scale them up to 1:48 and build a complete Saturn 5 from Greelt for on them. Just have to wait till I build a room with 15 foot cealings.
  13. dhanners

dhanners Member

Does this guy have a website where one can order (or at least look at) his stuff? I'd be interested in a 1/96th-scale MLP, but only if it's in the shuttle configuration....
  14. jaeike

jaeike Member

I believe he only sells his stuff through eBay. Here's a link:

He does good work. I bought his LUT a while ago. Need to clear up some other projects before I tackle that one. :thumb:
  15. the mole

the mole Member

16. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I am going to scale Greelt's Saturn V down to 1/96 when he has finished,to fit my LUT & Crawler Transporter:twisted:

17. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks for the link. They do look like cool models. I e-mailed the chap to see if he offered (or planned to offer) a shuttle-era MLP. He replied in a very timely manner and said he didn't have one, but one might be available down the road. I told him I had half a mind to order the Crawler-Transporter model and maybe by the time I'd finished it, the MLP would be available. Or, if worst comes to worst, I could just scratchbuild an MLP or scale-up the AXM version. The whole thing is just a big box, right? (A little humor there....)

If anyone around here has built the C-T and has photos of the build they could direct me to, I'd sure love to see them.

That said, I had no desire to hijack the thread. If I built in 1/144th scale, I'd be interested in the Saturn 1B milkstool. The Saturn 1B was always my favorite manned rocket....
  18. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi David:mrgreen:

George B started a build thread on DM productions Crawler Transporter after his AXM Crawler build.
    He never got to finish it due to his work commitmentswall1
    Check it out.

19. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi All,:mrgreen:
    I Received in the post today DM Productions Saturn 1B Milkstool(Launch Pedastal) 1/96 scale:twisted:
    16 pages in total c/w instruction CD and first impressions are fantastic:thumb:.
    He seems to have a lot more rolled pipework for this project whereas his L.U.T has a lot of flat ,more picture type pipework (maybe due to the length of the pipework:oops:)
    Three versions are available:
    1: Milkstool fitted on to his L.U.T.
    2: Stand alone Milkstool
    3: Milkstool fitted on to a smaller L.U.T girder system(Which he has included)
    I will be going with option 3 probably:rolleyes:
    So watch this space for a build thread sometime in the not too distant future.wall1

Attached Files: