New Rock Faces

msh

Charlie - no color yet - that's the tile itself. Stage one is only to get the stuff glued down. Stage two is to put the wire brush to it and get rid of the fuzzies. Stage three is filling the cracks and covering tops with sculptimold. Stage four is painting and weathering. Stage five is add the remaining mountain above and add scenic details. Whew - at my current pace I'll get that all done by summer.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's really effective use of the tiles! I recall that short trestle from another thread. The scene is building up nicely!
Ralph

Yep, it's coming along very nicely.

I've never used ceiling tiles in scenery before, but your photos make it look very convincing. I may have to do some experimenting with the stuff. :p

shamus

Registered Member
Nice work msh, rockwork is coming along just great.
Shamus
wink.gif

msh

Thanks Guys. My layout is in HO - has to be.

N is very practical, and I'm really surprised by the work I've seen posted on this forum - it's REALLY good and most impressive. But my fingers and eyes just aren't up to working with anything that small.

alkcnw

Hey guys, If anybody is interested I have about 40 cases of tiles I rescued from an old warehouse that was getting knocked down. I got them for free and will let them go for free. All you have to do is pay shipping. Each box weighs close to 50# so I don't know what it would cost? Also I looked up the stock number on the company web site and they are 100% asbestos free!!!!!:eek:

tile rock formations

hi all,

just last week i used that same tile technique. I really gives a great look of rock.....fast....just painted them black....going to use the paint out method....going from dark to light....looking good so far.....i will use the tiles again elseware......

nick
Bywater Railroad
New Orleans