New release from Daisey Designs

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by nx13688, May 17, 2005.

1. nx13688

nx13688 Member

Hot on the heels of the Indy 500 program model, I've released my first 2 redrawn and much improved Infiniti Pro Series models. Also posted nice illustrated instructions for it, which will also be a help for anyone building the old freebies.
    My first buyer was the team engineer for these cars.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NX,

Nice looking cars, and again, Congratulations on the card model in the INDY 500 PROGRAM.

Greg (GW)

A question for NX. When and how do you apply the wood hardener and the gloss?
  4. nx13688

nx13688 Member

I put the wood hardener on after the model is assembled, but I leave the wheels off so the tires don't get shiny. I use a disposable bristle brush to put it on, though it's a very thin liquid so an airbrush would probably work well too. Put on 3-4 coats, allowing an hour or two between coats. Let that dry overnight, then put on 3-4 coats of gloss clear spray, letting dry between coats. I use Krylon since it dries fairly quickly.
    Be very careful if you use felt-tip pens to color edges, as these products will cause the ink to bleed quite a bit. The wood hardener is especially bad at this due to the very high acetone content. The only place I would use felt pens is along edges where both adjacent sides match it in color.