New real space models at LHVCC

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Retired_for_now, May 12, 2009.

1. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Just dropped some new kits to Jon Leslie's site ( ), a truly outstanding resource. Appreciate your comments and suggestions.
    SOHO telescope (detailed)

Magellan Venus probe (1:48 )
    Magellan Stack 1.JPG

Mars Recon Orbiter (1:48 )

I was looking to finish out the complete series of probes and Magellan and MRO were missing, so ...
  2. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

A Few More at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center

Jon has posted a few more freebies for you -

The straw rocket launcher plans and activies book under misc downloads:
    A simple ARES I rocket to build or launch as a stomp rocket (launcher plans included) under real space:
    ARES Rocket Launcher.jpg
    A simpler 1:48 scale Voyager space probe model:
    A redraw of NASA's James Webb next generation space telescope:

3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Moon Race - old and new

Also posted at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center.

An easy Ranger and Lunar Orbiter from the early '60s to complement Ton's Lunar Surveyor:
    And the LCROSS impactor portion of the current Lunar Recon Orbiter mission (LRO available at NASA and ASU mission web sites, printed at 1:30 so needs to be rescaled to 1:48 to match the LCROSS pieces).

4. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Yogi, I understand these are free model designs and was wondering if we here at Zealot could download the designs and then upload them to our download section (where they could be offered to our members, also for free) We have 672 free designs & I'd like to get that number over 1,000. -Rick
  5. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Do you need to link to LHVCC or do you need the files?

6. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

I'd want the files to build our library. Can that be done?
  7. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Should not be a problem - this is educational volunteer work for me. I'd like to see humans permanently in orbit, back on the moon, and on the way to Mars - so comes under the heading of encouraging interest in science, technology, engineering and math. None of my designs is for sale or under any exclusive offer - though I try to give NASA and related labs first crack at models related to their missions. Let me figure out how to post to the downloads and I'll see how that goes.

Yogi (it's altruistic and in no way related to my individual hobbies, interests or passions - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it)
  8. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

I don't see any interest

in downloaded all models of the LHVCC.:confused:

Sharing the link is far enough, and just surfing on this fantastic site is worth the time you spend on it. It's always (I think) a pleasure, quite like pending time in an old library, just looking and touching real books...:yep:

But remember, it's only my advice, my "two cents"...:wave:
  9. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I agree with Darth, for the record.

Leslie's site was one of the first I ever found and still a source of wonder and projects for me. :mrgreen: