New Publisher and Chi-Ha Shinhoto

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I notice that gpm.pl has an announcement of a new Japanese WW2 tank
(Type 97 Chi-Ha Shinhoto) in March by a new publisher - Model Hobby - http://wydawnictwo.model-hobby.pl/en/index.php?PHPSESSID=1c5f81b90b395da9d08568fb3d92a13e
Of particular interest is the new company's designer - Marian Sobel - who did
Halinski's Tiger, Panther, Bergepanther - could be interesting.

There must be a lot of "me to" among the Polish cardmodelling companies -
Maly Modelarz has also announced a WW2 Japanese tank - a Type 1 Chi-He.

I'd better put in a link to an overview of WW2 Japanese tanks...

http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/

Regards,

Charlie

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Good afternoon everyone,

I've been searching for some information about Shinhoto Chi-Ha japanese tank and I found Your forum.

I feel that You would like to see pictures made by one of polish modellers who's almost completed Shinhoto model from model-hobby publishing.

"Janek" - that's his name - agreed to publish these photos. For me it's a masterpiece. And it's good that model-hobby decided to release japanese tank - Japanese engineering was almost forgoten by other publishers. Everywhere german tanks. Take a look at this:

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9-1.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Good afternoon everyone,

I've been searching for some information about Shinhoto Chi-Ha japanese tank and I found Your forum.

I feel that You would like to see pictures made by one of polish modellers who's almost completed Shinhoto model from model-hobby publishing.

"Janek" - that's his name - agreed to publish these photos. For me it's a masterpiece. And it's good that model-hobby decided to release japanese tank - Japanese engineering was almost forgoten by other publishers. Everywhere german tanks. Take a look at this:

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9-1.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
It's not quite true that the papermodel publishers have ignored IJA armour - but rather that there are relatively few models. A list of available models is:

Maly Modelarz - Ka-Mi (old) and Chi-He (recent)
GPM - Ha-Go (old)

The sites I know about with information on the Chi-Ha Shinhoto are:

http://mk-armour.narod.ru/1995/No3.htm (in Russian - survey of IJA armour)
http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/tanks.htm - there's a photo essay of a partial restoration of Chi-Ha Shinhoto .

The build of the Model-Hobby Chi-Ha is about half complete - the real heavy lifting in these models is in the suspension, roadwheels and tracks. Rather impressive build - put this one on my list.

Regards,

Charlie

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
It's not quite true that the papermodel publishers have ignored IJA armour - but rather that there are relatively few models. A list of available models is:

Maly Modelarz - Ka-Mi (old) and Chi-He (recent)
GPM - Ha-Go (old)

The sites I know about with information on the Chi-Ha Shinhoto are:

http://mk-armour.narod.ru/1995/No3.htm (in Russian - survey of IJA armour)
http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/tanks.htm - there's a photo essay of a partial restoration of Chi-Ha Shinhoto .

The build of the Model-Hobby Chi-Ha is about half complete - the real heavy lifting in these models is in the suspension, roadwheels and tracks. Rather impressive build - put this one on my list.

Regards,

Charlie

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Considering number of German armor published, Japanese is definietely an ignored subject :wink:

j_king - this is one nice tank you are building.
I already have my copy plus the laser cut frames and tracks so eventhough I'm an airplane guy first, this tank is on my to-do list.
I might start with something easier as my first tank though. Don't want to mess up such a beautiful kit :eek:ops:

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Considering number of German armor published, Japanese is definietely an ignored subject :wink:

j_king - this is one nice tank you are building.
I already have my copy plus the laser cut frames and tracks so eventhough I'm an airplane guy first, this tank is on my to-do list.
I might start with something easier as my first tank though. Don't want to mess up such a beautiful kit :eek:ops:

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Hello again,

@Shoki2000 - It's not mine tank. The builder is Janek Musial from Poland. He only gave me permision to publish these photos at Your forum.

I also have recent pictures. The suspension system shows how different way gone japanese engineers. It's the one of these things that makes me I want this tank :grin:

20.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Hello again,

@Shoki2000 - It's not mine tank. The builder is Janek Musial from Poland. He only gave me permision to publish these photos at Your forum.

I also have recent pictures. The suspension system shows how different way gone japanese engineers. It's the one of these things that makes me I want this tank :grin:

20.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

J king, Your modeling work is outstanding, very beautiful!
You need to get a commission for showing off this Model!
You are definitely making me want to buy it and give it a try!:grin:

I am very eager to see you build the tracks.
I know by the rest of the build that they are going to be fantastic!

You have inspired me to build some armor so I know you have inspired others who have seen this!
Fantastic design and a equally fantastic build!

I am eagerly awaiting more!:twisted:
Russell

J king, Your modeling work is outstanding, very beautiful!
You need to get a commission for showing off this Model!
You are definitely making me want to buy it and give it a try!:grin:

I am very eager to see you build the tracks.
I know by the rest of the build that they are going to be fantastic!

You have inspired me to build some armor so I know you have inspired others who have seen this!
Fantastic design and a equally fantastic build!

I am eagerly awaiting more!:twisted:
Russell

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Amazyah - In every message I've posted that I'm not the builder of that tank.
The guy is Janek Musial from Poland. I only have his permision to publish his work here, because I found Your forum and I thought that it may interrest You to see that tank.

About tracks, Janek said that he will buy laser cut tracks from producer.

j_king

Apr 19, 2007
Amazyah - In every message I've posted that I'm not the builder of that tank.
The guy is Janek Musial from Poland. I only have his permision to publish his work here, because I found Your forum and I thought that it may interrest You to see that tank.

About tracks, Janek said that he will buy laser cut tracks from producer.

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
I love planes and I build planes.
Never in my life I built anything that had more than three wheels but I went and bought this thing, the tracks and the framing and I will build it one of those days.
Man, this is one really good looking tank....

I bought my copy from www.papermodelstore.com

I am sure he will ship to you. Just contact the owner, Krys, if you need to ask about shipping rates.

It is free to register at his site and then you can click the contact button to send Krys an e-mail.

He answers his e-mails and he only charges what the actual shipping is, so you don't need to worry about him overcharging.

Russell