New Project - Captain Rex Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by culpster, Sep 5, 2008.

1. culpster

culpster Member

Still have a ways to go, but should get it done this month. I think the helmet is a bit big and I need to shrink that, and finish up with the knee pads, arms and make the guns papercraft friendly.

Attached Files:

• Rex.jpg
      File size:
      97.6 KB

SEBRET Member

did you design this? looks cool.
  3. culpster

culpster Member

Yes, or better to say attempting to. Not much of a user of pepakura, although I am beginning to be a fan. My skills with 3d prgrams is terrible at the moment, so I do most of my designs by drawing and scanning. I would lay claim to more of a photoshop guru than a papercraft guru. I figured if I got this one done, it would be easier to get other clones because I have a template. Also a good starter for my next project....Vader

SEBRET Member

well more power to ya, lol, you'll find that once you get the hang of Pep, you'll actually get more of a kick out of designing your own models than when building others.
  5. the4ce

the4ce Member

It looks awesome, but i think you need to shrink the helmet a bit.

No worries with Pepakura, you will get used with it. :)
  6. culpster

culpster Member

Good eye

I agree, thanks for pointing it out. I think I will shrink it about 5% (the helmet) and do some additional photoshop on the finalized product, right now, it is in its infancy build, making sure that the parts line up and are correct. Final build will have a more realistic paint job and not look so cartoon like. Thanks for the feedback
  7. kk135

kk135 Member

Looks cool!
  8. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Very cool :thumb:
  9. poyuz

poyuz New Member

is it done now and are u let ppl to download it
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

11. DHL

DHL Member

great!:mrgreen: thehelmet should have been:curse:train97to make!
  12. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

I hope you post the model when done, I can already see an armor project for my son by next Halloween!

13. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

LIKE IT. Would like to know if you're going to publish the template. My boy thinks Rex is awesome!
  14. mapleman

mapleman Member

The model is looking great.

I look forward making the Helmet with the kids for our Australian Star Wars fan club.
    I run the kids program, and l like the kids to get involve with papermodel making.
  15. culpster

culpster Member

Sorry been away

Been real busy with school and work, I have not abandoned the project, just updated. Here is where I am so far. Should stand about 2 foot tall when done. Probably another month or so.

Attached Files:

16. Juckiz

Juckiz New Member

Oh, nice. :thumb:
  17. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Nice design. I haven't taken the plunge into 3D yet. What programs are you using?

"Justice stands between the darkness and the light, where shadows rule the night!"
  18. culpster

culpster Member

I use 3D max for modeling. I generally use photoshop for skinning because I am more experienced with the application. I have been splitting my time between this model and a 2 foot Vader model that I am working on. I finally have the mask where it is much easier than the piro version and able to be built with smaller scale models. Been splitting my time between working on both.
  19. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Cool! Photoshop is my program. Its nice to see a Vader figure in the works.

20. culpster

culpster Member

Here is a glimpse of the mask...Not 100% movie accurate, but certainly unmistakeable in my opinion, especially with the poly count that I was aiming for.

Attached Files:

• mask.jpg
      File size:
      102.3 KB