New pringles can lids perfect "spinning props"

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by GEEDUBBYA, Aug 1, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

HI Guys,

The new clear pringles can lids make perfect material for cutting out to use to give the illusion of a spinning propeller on a 1:48 scale model.
    Just thought I would pass this along and give ya a reason to snack while building, and remember.......pringles dont leave an oily residue lol.

Have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  2. shrike

shrike Guest

That brings up something that I had been idly wondering about (too much time I s'pose)

Do you ever feel self conscious about the source of your reinforcing card? Does it make you feel morally superior to use, say, a Wheeties box rather than generic Super Sugar Choco-Crunchies?
    If I use a Wheetabix box when building a Spitfire, does that lend it an extra edge of authenticity?
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member you got way too much time on your hands :lol:

Hows the B-9 coming?

I use alot of nilla waffer box..........what plane would they go with?
  4. shrike

shrike Guest

The B-9 got put on hold for a while. I was in the process of revising the nacelles (just didn't like way the engines fit) when I got a contract job that involved 14-16hr days (and one 22hr one I still hate to think of) When I got the time to work on it again I had forgotton so much of what I needed to do that it was actually easier to start something else.
    THAT project is due to be out quite soon.

I'll go back to the B-9 next I think and get that ready to publish as you're not the first person to ask.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Shrike.............maybe you don't have too much time on your hands! :shock:

Can't wait to see the project :D .........and I guess I have to wait on the B-9 :cry:

Take it easy........

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

a plain(plane) vanilla version of an aircraft?

sorry, you asked, i couldn't resist

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I was wondering if anybody would jump on it.