New place for go go juice

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
construction has started on a new gas station in my little yet to be named N-scale layout :)

Now al the vehicles ( all 2 of them) :D :D Have a spot where cheap fuel can be had. The owners of "name to be announced" gas station warned area citizens that fuel spills may be hazardous to our fragile blue foam enviroment. But they assure us every precaution has been taken to ensure safe refueling :)

gas1.JPG

gas2.JPG

gas3.JPG

gas4.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
You really have a knack for modelling cement surfaces! I like the gas station. Did you scratch build the pumps or are they commercially made?
Ralph

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
With go juice prices like that, it's a small wonder you have even the one customer. Poor soul must wonder if he shoulda bought a Yugo:p Great job...

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
yeah well since I am modeling current era... here in Michigan gas prices seem to get crazy lol just a year or so ago this is what they really looked like..

I started throwing some details on the gas station.. those lpb's better bring a pocket full of l.p. quarters.... so they can inflate their non-inflateable tires :)

airpoump.JPG

and incase they don't have a cell they can use the Ma Bell pay phone...

sm0621032.JPG

phn1.JPG

whew n scale phones have small buttons :D :D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Great modeling, Strhoky!

I guess, the gas prices are per gallon. AND THEN YOU ARE COMPLAINING, shaygetz?

Seeing those prices I just fumbled around a bit with my calaculator. Here in Switzerland you pay about 1 $ per LITER. (That's about 2.5 times your price!) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I'm really considering to switch to 'Camel Juice Gas'... :D :D :D

Ron

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Ah....we in Florida may not know howta vote using a punchcard ballot...but...we pay only a buck thirty four for our gas:p. And them chads make great ground cover to boot.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Very nice mini scene Strthoky
This would be a great addition to any layout.
Now here in Canada gas is currently selling at 67cents per litre.
That would come to about $2.68 per gallon so you can see our goverment taxes us to death here. The tax was supposed to be used for new highways and existing highway maintenance but when the government accountants get hold of it they put it into general revenue where the politicians spend it very wastefully. Why not. it is just public money isn't it?:eek:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Re: pump close ups..

Originally posted by Strthoky
I will be re-doing the pumps as I grew inpatient painting with a toothpick. but these will work for now
pmps.JPG

I love it...back when I was in my teens, I used paper matches pulled from a matchbook and trimmed to desired width for painting finer details. The torn paper ends were soft, held paint well and were disposable---no thinner to buy. OOO brushes were expensive and I could buy a track switch or two freight cars with the money saved.