New pics at Raiwong's gallery

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by raiwong, Jun 3, 2005.

1. raiwong

raiwong Member

I have placed a few pics on the BF109G-6 and the Macchi Saetta paper models. Please comment on the pics.

2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Raiwong . . . Your models may not be as well designed as those of NOBI or Marek or any of the other popular designers, but you do design your own models and that is something I wish I could do myself. And they do look good in their simplicity. Thanks for sharing.
  3. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

I think especially the messerschmitt really captures the lines of the real aircraft!
    The coloring on the two birds is quite nice and realistic in the pictures, but maybe you could try to make the panel/folding lines a little bit less visible... on my designs i've experimented with different colors for the lines, usually a color that is slightly darker than the base color of the plane, but easyer is to use some kind of medium grey...

finally the landing rear and the propellers look a little weak, perhaps you could try to insert a small piece of metal wire or sturdy card before you close the parts next time. it will keep them more in the shape you want them to.

I had the same problem when useing normal typing paper so i switched to 210g/m² bristol paper. it comes in a block of 20 a4 sheets. it's not very expensive, a little more difficult to shape but it will keeps it's shape after forming...

So i'd say keep designing! and have fun!!!

happy modeling
  4. raiwong

raiwong Member

Thank you so much for all your advice. I can really learn a lot from you guys.