New photo's from the Badger Creek saga

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shamus, Jun 20, 2001.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

2. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Shamus:

You never stopped amazing me! WOW!!!!

Andy
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi All,
    Did all of it on my own, no help from anyone. In fact, there isn't anybody else who models Logging where I live. Or for that matter the American scene.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]

NARA Member #24
    http://www.badger-creek.co.uk
  4. George

George Member

Shamus,

The only thing more remarkable than the quality of the detailing, is the speed at which you accomplished this job. I tip my hat to you, sir!

Just one thing though. You say you're the only one in your area doing the American scene, but it must be Canada, as there's no trash at the side of the road! [​IMG]

George. [​IMG]
  5. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Shamus,

Looks great! I love those tall tall trees!

What is that bridge used for, the one that ends in mid-air. Is that some kind of loading ramp? There's still a lot about logging operations that I have to learn...

The footbridge and stairway were a nice touch, too!

-Rory
  6. jimnrose

jimnrose Member

Shamus,
    Unbelievable realism and speed. You must have had some of the structures and tressles built ahead of time or else an army of help to pull this off so fast. Shasing your work with great quality photos is an inspiration to all of us.
    Thanks again, Jim
  7. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Shamus, I sure would like to see that Logging operation in real life.. were do you live and how about an invite ? Loved the photo's
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Rory,
    The end of the trestle is just so a loco can run around the tracks ready forthe return journey.
    Jimmy,
    I live in the UK, a little far to travel I think.
    [​IMG]

NARA Member #24
    http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 06-24-2001).]
  9. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Shamus I am in the Uk at least once a year .Will be there on the 5th July for 10 days My Daughter lives in Herne near Canterbury