New Paint

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Mike B, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Mike B

Mike B New Member

Just purchased a new RS2, Union Pacific paint. I am modelling Monon (Not much available-except the FM 15-44's which I have) I have been reading some of the past posts, suggesting spray can paints? :confused: (No air brush) I do have acrylic craft paints in the little platic bottles that I have been using on buildings.

First time i will be attempting this! :eek: In fact, it will be the first time I disassemble a loco :eek: will be adding decoder while I have it open.

Any tips or suggestions GREATLY appreciated!
    Mike B
  2. COX 47

COX 47 Member

Mike don't forget those great looking Monon F units in grey and red Cox 47
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Mike,the only tip I have to offer is if your going to brush paint your locos and maybe rolling stock is to buy the best quality brushes you can afford and take real good care of them.

Good luck on your painting project and please post pictures of the completed unit(s).
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I use a good sable brush and FRESH paint...sorry...can't emphasize that enough :D ... If I'm applying decals, I'll then put a coat of gloss from a rattle can on. If I'm using dry transfers, I'll apply them to whatever the base color already was, matte or gloss. I then weather if necessary and apply a coat of Krylon Satin Matte. Not an airbrush smooth finish but I'm happy with it...
  5. Mike B

Mike B New Member

Thanks fellas. I'll take this as a "go ahead" on the brushes - cautions noted.:wave: