New on Fórum - GPM 200 - B-29 Superfortress

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Gilson Morais, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

Arriving now, I´m brazilian, 29, and that´s my second attempt on card modeling. It's a huge bomber, 1/33, but it's a beauty.

Let's see some pics.

Bomb Racks assembly line.:mrgreen:

Fold, Glue and Paint the edges.

Central Tube (what's that?).

Pretty large fuselage. The piece of wood is for straight edge.

And t-t-that's all, folks. For today.
  2. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

That's the kit:

3. smyfe

smyfe Member

Central Tube

Hi, great build so far, i hope you have plenty of room for when she is finished. Welcome to the forum:mrgreen:. The central tube was for crew movement from on end of the plane to the other, i think it was pressurized due to the altitude the B-29 flew at.
  4. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Woah that's a biggun - off to a great start, thanks for sharing
  5. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Now that's one for my "to do" list. Very nice indeed.

BTW, where do I get me wanna those chequered square scale thingummies?
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Good start - definitely a big plane!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There are lots of them in the download area in scale cubes :)
  8. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Aha! Thanks, Chris. When I first tried a download a couple of days ago it told me I was unworthy and couldn't use that facility. Looks like someone took pity on me and let me in :)
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Really? Sorry :( noting has changed but glad its working now.

Gonna put some glass in that nose? :)
  10. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Nice job! Fantastic model! The only thing is that it's too big ^^ LOL

Maybe you could use some heat-pressed PET for the windshield...?
  11. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

Hi, guys

Well, thank you very, very much for the feedbacks. You're so kind. I'm only starting (second model), and my first model is stoped (Digital Navy's Lilla Weneda) due to many errors commited. Actually I consider that my great begginer's classroom. And here there's no one who knows even a thing about card modeling, so you can imagine the importance of your support.

Thanks Smyfe for the information, I was curious about that.
    Nemesis, my cube is home-made. It was quite easy to do on Corel Draw.
    Cgutzmer, I'm postponing that "glassing" job, and as Benhpark suggested, It wil be partly a PET Windshield.

Thank you all,
  12. Very nice. Lots of detail and fine craftmanship. Keep up the progress
  13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Very nice job so far! I think I'm reading correctly, that would be over 50" wing span - good grief!

14. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Wow, nice looking model - looking forward to seeing this one grow.
    You're making a great start, I can't believe it's only your second kit.
  15. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Very nice the model, exquisite construction, anything badly for a second model, my congratulations!!!!

E bem vindo ao fórum, além de ótimos trabalhos do pessoal aqui você vai ver que tem gente muito bacana aqui... :thumb:

It is well coming to the forum, besides great works of the people you will see here that he has very good and nice people here... :thumb:
  16. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

Thank you everybody. You are all very nice. I feel that this hobby is "the" hobby for me. I feel like home. As in this forum.

I got a problem: trying to assemble the left wing, I did a great mess. I can't figur how to cover the formers. It's just a too big structure, and now is the time the backup scans show its worth.

This will delay me, but I don't give up.

Any tips?

Paper greetings,
  17. exzealot

exzealot Member

Hi Gilson,

On previous models, I have had trouble trying to "wrap" the skin around the structure - the skin never seems to be long enough or line up properly. My solution was to fold the skin over and glue the trailing edges together (just the very tip of the edge). Then I slipped the skin over the structure; like putting a sword in its leather holder.

I hope this helps. Send us a picture of what you have.

18. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

Thanks Ken,

That's my impression too. I'll try your method, seems quite logical. Let's see what happens.

19. Mauricio

Mauricio New Member

Oi Gilson, tudo bem? Vou escrever em português mesmo. Gostei muito do seu acabamento no B-29. É o que faz a diferença em qualquer modelo. Sou louco por papermodels mas infelizmente tenho pouco tempo para curtir. Terminei recentemente o Concorde da Air france (www., ficou muito lindo. Comprei o Su-27 e o Viggen pela internet, chegaram nesta semana. Sou de Belo Horizonte. Boa sorte!