New N-Scale layout Trackplan Wanted!!!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I want to make 1 under my existing HO layout table:eek: . Yes I am aware that it is very low to the ground but I am still young (17) so I can handle ittooth1;) . I want it to be about 6' x 2.5' and like my HO, another switching layout. Modern day with all modern equipment (big and small diesels:p , no cars will be longer than 60' though:D ;))

Can someone come up with a track plan and include most of or all the following buildings?:eek:ops: wall1

I want the buildings to be heavy industrial:p , and all of them are from Walthers:cool: . Here are a list of buildngs I would like to have,
I also want to have a bridge that goes off the layout or to maybe an expansion later:D :thumb: . The bridge will go over a valley so I might need 2 bridges (one right after the other)
announce1 I plan to have big diesels on the layout :D , so no little radius curves on the mainlines please. On the sidings, a smaller radius is ok because I will not be switching with anything bigger than a Dash 8-40B (which I plan to get as my first engine in N-Scale too:D :) ). Single or double mainline is fine, but if the mainline is single, Im going to have to make it into a double when I get to the bridge.:thumb:

Any and all help is welcomebounce7

I am kinda braindead hamrwhen it comes to designing new track plans

:wave: Thanks in Advace

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Ok, so the RED WING MILLING CO, the Lumber Company, ELECTRIC FURNACE, The ADM Elevator, and the NORTH Island Refinery (With Storage Tanks) are all featured on this layout! Here you go, enjoy the tons of switching! :)

EDIT: There's also a DOWNTOWN too, for some variety! The square within the left "L" shape is a water tower. :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks Miles.:D :)

I like it.:thumb: :thumb: Just need to add the double mainline bridge in over the little valley so I can collect to future expansion.:D

Anyone else have trackplans for this layout?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ok I worked on an N-scale track plan last night. I had to draw it out on paper because my computer isn't connected to the internet and I couldn't copy the file onto a disk for some odd reason (long story, stupid games). This is my moms computer and this is the one I have been posting most of the pics on here at the gauge until the guy comes out and installs a wireless router for my computer.

Anyways, here is the drawling. I know that all this is probly not going to fit on there but I got a little carryed away. The final dimentions are going to be 6.5' x 2.5' with a 1' x 2.5' extention and a 45 degree angle. I do a rough photoshop benchwork in case no understands what Im talking bout.

Here's the drawlings and were it will go:

Attachments

• DSC02056.jpg
    DSC02056.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC02060.jpg
    DSC02060.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC02059.jpg
    DSC02059.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC02065.jpg
    DSC02065.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC02068.jpg
    DSC02068.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 212

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here is were it will go, under the HO Scale table. It will go a little past the black mesh storage thing in the left hand side and out to the bed on the right hand side. All that space is mostly open right now exept for the U-Line box (which has lego trains in it)

Attachments

• DSC02071.jpg
    DSC02071.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 216

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Even in N, that layout would fill a small room!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
King Bonk said:
i gotta better idea. do your N layout on your bed, and sleep under the table there. you can play with the legos as you go to sleep.

sign1 sign1 Im thinking about selling tha lego trains, tha last time I played with them was about 5 years ago.

King Bonk said:
how did you do that thing with all the bouncing heads?

When you post a reply, notice the smilies on the right hand side of the page, click the "more" button at the bottom of the smilies box and theres tons more of them.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here is the drawling of the table I made. BTW: Don't mind the inside squares and all that other stuff, that s just there to tell me where to cut holes for the legs on the HO scale layout)

Attachments

• n table.jpg
    n table.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 72