new Mt

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Well i was SOOO feup with the savage 25 That i swaped it for a mt MODIFIED... and a 21 engine on it...

it goes 110 kilomitres with 25% fuel.....

F*** SAVAGE and LONG live Mt.....
    Dude this is the best around i think

BTW im back again :D
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

wb... Which mt did you go for?
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

what is it? pics?
  4. alisar70

alisar70 Member

its the Hpi MT1 not sure if i said it right....
  5. pinball72

pinball72 New Member

I am currently running an mt2 with mostly gpm hop ups but still a t-15 motor. I have been told that the T-18 is the biggest motor for it. Do you know how the .21 engine mounts to the mt and all drives mate together properly
  6. digdug72

digdug72 Member

the mt if this is the same one as the rs4-3 layout or chassis can hold a .21, I know that the 4wd mt and rs4-3 chassis are very much similar, if not the same.
    R3 .21 conversion -do to the increasing popularity drivers trying to find a home for their retired .21 pull start truck engines
    the R3 Chassi comes to mind -bit of an over kill if you ask me - anyhow at times the pull start housing screws could
    become a hassle - at drivers request looking at the WLF066 turns out by simple turning the mounts 180 degrees
    using the R40 recessed Flywheel and first mounting hole from the rear where able to create the space needed -simple
    solution - see picture mounts are flush whit engine tabs . Unfortunately not having a pull start .21 engine -I need drivers feed back .Please notice Ofna #10098 I supply at my discretion as I have stock -no stock - you on your own -
    LHS will not supply this item free of charge - direct sales only . In case the pull start interferes whit the chassi ask for
    riser plates -- Guys I do know which pull starts need risers or not - even so the are free of charge -
    not needed leaf some for drivers that do need them -- thanks

recommendation - The R3 should be run in the long version by simple flipping the rear Lower A arms -see HPI instructions
    Upper links should be mounted on the rear side of the tower - not to interfere with the shocks -upper shock balls
    should be space further outwards , could use drivers feed back on header and pipe used - pictures would be nice .
    If allowed by driver picture will be shown an next page .
    For that matter any modification made by drivers concerning this conversion or others would be appreciated .
    If I receive enough feed back - which I usaly get - I set up a new page to help new comer trying to do their own
    thing with out going broke doing it - every little bit helps - even as much an how to route linkages .
    Setting up my MT - running smaller spurs - I removed the lower center gear spacer to straighten out the drive shafts
    cuts down on wear and tear on drive cups and drive shafts - Tips and Tricks cuts down on expenses .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.