New Modelik SCUD Review

Capitalist Tractor Builders beware! :)

I just received my copy of the new MODELIK SCUD B on MAZ543 chassis, 1:25 scale courtesy of Krys at Papermodelstore.

This is one big momma of a model!! Computer design has been used throughout.

There are 17 pages of assembly drawings, including 1 page of templates for the wire and transparent parts. Then, there are 27 pages of parts.

The model features optional markings for Polish/USSR service, a 9N33 Nuke warhead for the SCUD, complete interior,and articulated suspension. A complete tilt-cab powertrain is provided for the MAZ-543.

To build one wheel and tire for this puppy requires 25 parts. I am going to hate to cut this up....

Eat your heart out, Dragon P***** kits!

Jim

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Comrade... the war office wants you to scan, print and build a proto-type copy quickly since the Capitolists wish to build anti-missile bases close to the motherland.

=o

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
When are you going to unleash the beast Jim!!

I'm looking forward to this one.
Your guys at the tractor plant must be eager to get started!!

dansls1

May 7, 2007
I am also eagerly awaiting a build thread(s) regarding this model - it looks really cool. Someday down the road when I think I can do a respectable job it will be added to my build list.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
LOL I will cal that a very big blunder.....almost as going on a fishing trip and forgetting your rod....

I have sent an e-mail to Janusz at Modelik about this oversight. I'll let you know what he has to say!!

Hopefully, Draf will come out with some lasercut parts for this, like they did for the KRAZ truck.

I may break with tradition and build this at its published 1:25 scale, although where I will store such a huge model poses a bit of a problem......

Next step: buy a copy of the KURSK submarine before they are all gone.....

Jim

Peter:
Time will tell.

The level of detail that this model proposes ought to keep an advanced card modeller out of trouble (or into it) for several months at least.

Did I mention the 100+ pieces of wire/styrene rod/clear acetate sheet ranging from 0.5 mm to 2 mm that the plan requires?? I thought not.

This is not a kit for bashing. This kit will bash you!!!

Personally, I'm looking forward to this one.

Jim

OldSalt

Jun 23, 2005
Newport News, VA
Hey Fishcarver - I'll share the egg with you. I couldn't find the wheel assembly diagram either (or didn't recognize it as such) even after you declared it missing in this thread.

Salty:

I guess we eat them (the eggs) scrambled......

Devilishly clever, these model designers nowadays, hiding things in plain sight as they do. (;-)

Janusz @ Modelik, my apologies. But please, my friend, consider publishing English instructions.OK?

I have spent a few days studying this kit, and, as far as level of detail goes, I can find no fault with it, other than my ignorance of a) the Polish language and b) my intermediate card modeling skills.

I can, and I am going to, build this!!

I have the old MODEL CARD #55 SCUD + MAZ kit, which I have reduced to 1:35 scale so as to detail with the Eduard brass set for the DRAGON kit. I figure that I will start with that one and then take on this monster.

Jim

NYC Irish

Apr 26, 2004
Cork Ireland

A polish Co worker of mine was kin enough to pick a copy of this kit up for me and....and....

Hats off to anyone who manages to get this one started. It is truly a mind bender....Even the thread tracks and bumps on the tires areseperate pieces...

Congrats to Modelik

John John

I bought this one a few weeks ago from Krys at the Paper Model Store
and I must agree, this is an awesome project to undertake.
Shopping for the wires needed, alone will be a job!!!!
There is plenty here to keep a modeler occupied for quite some time!

I love just owning a copy of it! I love to just take it out and admire it.
Mind you, you need some room just to open it up and look at it!:eek::cool:

Russell

dansls1

May 7, 2007
I can't wait - this is definitely a model I'm going to build in the future. All this talking is making me want it even more - gotta wait until the budget allows though...