New Model Maker

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Ravenwing75, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenwing75

Ravenwing75 New Member

Hi there

I stumbled on Ing. Spendlik' s Dreadnought (a wonderful detailed model) during a google search and found my way here.

Im a 3d model fan but the idea of conversions to paper/ card looks great and is something I would like to learn about. Like Ing. Spendlik',

My Tools
    I too use Rhino3d for its speed and ease of work and Paint Shop Pro for textures. I have an early version of Photo Shop but didnt like the way it tried to take over my computer so normally stick with Paint Shop Pro7 for speed and ease. Foxit Reader is my main PDF program and has basic plug in's.

I have a collection of models made over the years from 3d ones to buildings made from foam roof tiles and others made from radiator putty and modeling clay. I used to collect Warhammer 40k models regularly but they went out of my price range years ago so try to work with what ever I can get a hold of.

One of the main things I would like to learn is the conversion progress used to make these into paper/card plans fro print and easy use. I love the idea the do it yourself system here would like to join in with some of my free time.
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

:wave:Welcome aboard! If you need assistance, just holler.
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome! Key to translating your 3-D skins to paper is determining how to connect the panels (tabs, joining strips, toothed strips, slip fit cylinders and cones, etc.). Lot's of ideas in the build threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.