New Member's weathered car's

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by hummerdaves, Aug 7, 2005.

1. hummerdaves

hummerdaves Member

Here are some custom weathered H.O scale car's I have done, Please Comment
    Good or Indifferent. All question's or comment's will be answered. [​IMG]

2. Raildog

Raildog Member

Nice Job Hummer!
  3. zedob

zedob Member

Welcome to the guage HD,

That's about as good as it gets. Beautiful work.
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

nice tagging! I hardly see a car roll by anymore without a bit of the ol' urban artwork.

5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great weathering HD The ones in the photos look just like some of the ones being hauled by CN through Georgetown where I live.
    Welcome to the Gauge.
  6. KCS

KCS Member

I couldn't agree more. Very beautiful work. I wish I had that kind of talent to weather that good. I can't even tell the difference weather it's HO or the real thing. outstanding job. Welcome to the gauge.
  7. KCS

KCS Member

I must add. Some Sergent Engineering couplers and Details West brass locomotive train line hose's and you would never know the difference.
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Very nice!!!!! What methods do you use for weathering? I especially liike that open hopper in the first pic.
  9. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOO. I like it!!!!

10. hummerdaves

hummerdaves Member

Thank you ALL for commentting !!!!
    KCS I will be putting air line's and coupler cut lever's as soon as there ready for the lay-out .They tend to get damaged with normal movement.
    Raplh, The weathering was done with REEVES GOUACHE a watercolor based acrylic paint and A.I.M Weatherring Powder's.[​IMG]
  11. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

Thanks for the pictures. Helps motivate me to get off my back-side and get started with the important things in life - model railroading.

12. masu01

masu01 New Member

they look great dave:thumb:
    how did you do the white staining?
  13. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Yes, Very nice work HD. Only knock I have is I haven't seen any Southern cars in that good of shape in a long time. :rolleyes: Welcome to the Gauge
  14. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great work!
  15. hummerdaves

hummerdaves Member

masu01 , I did the White was done with a mix of Model flex Reefer white and distilled water, I used a linner brush and started at the top by the hatch's, Then very slowly dragged the brush down the side of the car, The key to this to GO COMPLETELY down the side, And don't over load the brush It is very easy to work with and if you do get to much in a spot just dry off your brush and touch the spot where there's to much. If you or anybody has any more question's just ask I'd be happy to help.[​IMG]
  16. 2slim

2slim Member

Good Job there Hummer

17. hd8091

hd8091 Member

Great Rust Work! Maybe you would share some of your techniques?
  18. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Yeah! Great work :thumb: :thumb: Do a step by step with pictures and pointers and I know that it would be Academy bound. :cool: :thumb:
  19. hummerdaves

hummerdaves Member

[​IMG] Great Idea,

I will be able to do a Show and Tell in a bit, My home computer went down[​IMG]
    This will give me some time to arrange thing's.[​IMG]
    Thank's for your comment's, Be back soon.
  20. hummerdaves

hummerdaves Member

Here's another car I have been working on, It's a P2K 4277 Hopper.
    The picture's show a piece by piece weathering and assembly process
    that I use it makes weathering easyer for me if I can get to the litte piece's
    What I am using for the weathering is, 1- REEVE'S GOUCHE and 2- A.I.M's
    Weathering powder's. To apply them I use a brush and a cosmetic sponge.
    I am not quite done with her yet but as soon as I am I'll post the finished
    pic's[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]