New Member's weathered car's

hummerdaves

Here are some custom weathered H.O scale car's I have done, Please Comment
Good or Indifferent. All question's or comment's will be answered.
wave.gif

DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

N

nachoman

nice tagging! I hardly see a car roll by anymore without a bit of the ol' urban artwork.

kevin

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great weathering HD The ones in the photos look just like some of the ones being hauled by CN through Georgetown where I live.
Welcome to the Gauge.

KCS

I couldn't agree more. Very beautiful work. I wish I had that kind of talent to weather that good. I can't even tell the difference weather it's HO or the real thing. outstanding job. Welcome to the gauge.

KCS

I must add. Some Sergent Engineering couplers and Details West brass locomotive train line hose's and you would never know the difference.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Very nice!!!!! What methods do you use for weathering? I especially liike that open hopper in the first pic.
Ralph

hummerdaves

Thank you ALL for commentting !!!!
KCS I will be putting air line's and coupler cut lever's as soon as there ready for the lay-out .They tend to get damaged with normal movement.
Raplh, The weathering was done with REEVES GOUACHE a watercolor based acrylic paint and A.I.M Weatherring Powder's.
thumbsup.gif

Once again THANK YOU FOR COMMENTTING.
biggrin.gif

babydot94513

Member in training
Thanks for the pictures. Helps motivate me to get off my back-side and get started with the important things in life - model railroading.

JD

SAL Comet

Yes, Very nice work HD. Only knock I have is I haven't seen any Southern cars in that good of shape in a long time. :rolleyes: Welcome to the Gauge

hummerdaves

masu01 , I did the White was done with a mix of Model flex Reefer white and distilled water, I used a linner brush and started at the top by the hatch's, Then very slowly dragged the brush down the side of the car, The key to this to GO COMPLETELY down the side, And don't over load the brush It is very easy to work with and if you do get to much in a spot just dry off your brush and touch the spot where there's to much. If you or anybody has any more question's just ask I'd be happy to help.
thumbsup.gif

Pitchwife

Dreamer
hd8091 said:
Great Rust Work! Maybe you would share some of your techniques?
Tom

Yeah! Great work :thumb: :thumb: Do a step by step with pictures and pointers and I know that it would be Academy bound. :cool: :thumb:

hummerdaves

thumbsup.gif
Great Idea,

I will be able to do a Show and Tell in a bit, My home computer went down
cry.gif

This will give me some time to arrange thing's.
cool.gif

Thank's for your comment's, Be back soon.

hummerdaves

Here's another car I have been working on, It's a P2K 4277 Hopper.
The picture's show a piece by piece weathering and assembly process
that I use it makes weathering easyer for me if I can get to the litte piece's
What I am using for the weathering is, 1- REEVE'S GOUCHE and 2- A.I.M's
Weathering powder's. To apply them I use a brush and a cosmetic sponge.
I am not quite done with her yet but as soon as I am I'll post the finished
pic's
cool.gif
thumbsup.gif
smile.gif

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

DSCF0664.jpg

DSCF0667.jpg