cptorres111071

Jul 10, 2012
United States
Hi,

I am just really starting off in papercraft after seeing some of the amazing things that people are doing with this hobby. I'm a totally new at this so any help or suggestions would be great, thanks!!!!!

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum. First, what kind of models are you interested in? That can get off us into a direction to lead you, YOu will need some really good scissors, if there is a Michael's Craft Stores, they have a really nice 3 pack. You will need x-acto blades. I recommend UHU glue, it gets tacky quick and works great!

Let us know, and I am sure we can find you some really good models! Glad to have you aboard! :)

cptorres111071

Jul 10, 2012
United States
I have the basic tools and made some simple building models designed by tommy gun. I'm really interested on making all sorts of models. I guess mainly models for gaming buildings, terrain, vehicles. Not really for something in particular just whatever looks interesting I guess. I have some Warhammer models that I have yet to build. I'm using glue made by 3M it seems to work ok I do intend on getting the glue from uhu to give it a try.

cptorres111071

Jul 10, 2012
United States
I can't wait till I get better at this there are so many awesome models that I am looking forward to building some of them. Any help on a good 3d rendering program and unfolding program. Also what about textures?

Z

Zathros

As far as 3D programs, there are obviously great ones. How much money do you have?

Same goes for textures, many programs to make them, depends n your skill though.

Most people stay with one 3D program as they are hard to master, and I use the word master loosely. I use Rhino 4.0, others use Pepakura, others use Sketchup.................................it goes on and on!