Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by UndergroundRR, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UndergroundRR

UndergroundRR New Member

Well hello I am new here to this forum I live in Pa close to Philly. I found this place looking for Card models to use with my model railroad for use in different scenes. Well I sorta developed a new hobby card models. I have so far only built 2 airplanes and they are not even to the scale I need but they are fun and challenging to build. I plan on building back ground buildings for the layout and if I get good enough to use them in foreground scenes I will. Here are the first 2 models I have built so far. They are fiddlergreen kits.

The J3 Piper is my fist attempt I made a bunch of mistakes on building this but I plan on trying again. This is 1:40 scale.

This is my 2nd attempt a 1:40 scale GeeBee R1 I did a better job on it but I need improvement. I am working on a 1:87 scale one as I write this.

Well I hope to share more as I have more to share. Any pointers and comments appreciated.

One thing I started out using Elemers white glue and decided to try wood glue and have stuck with wood glue.
  2. UndergroundRR

UndergroundRR New Member

I post some pics of my layouts later. They are works in progress. Just the progress is not progressing very fast.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job on those planes!
    Oh yeah, And Welcome to the forums! [​IMG]

That Gee-Bee was one of my first ones as well!
    I still have it's remnants after being attacked by my dog and then a couple years of Sunshine.
    It isn't in the greatest condition anymore but I still love it and display it and it still gets a lot of compliments!
    I was thinking about making a diorama for it like it's wrecked in a hay field and sitting awkwardly next to an old, broken down, barbed wire fence.
    It looks like a wreck that has been sitting for years. [​IMG]

I hope to see you around the forums and I hope to see that layout sometime as well!

Welcome to the addiction! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.