Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by René, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. René

René New Member

hi !!
    to all in this magnificent forum !!

my name is René .
    I am living in the southwest area of Germany near Stuttgart. For the last 30years i was building plastic models but for the last 12 month, i got more interested in paper modeling.
    please excuse my english.
  2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Wellcome René , and don't worry about your english .
  3. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

4. Just_because

Just_because Member

Welcome buddy! Your english is great, I'm a teacher so whatever you need please ask!! :eek:)

5. Your english is fine. My german stinks. So I use the free translation site

I used it once to send an e-mail to a guy in Holland. I wrote it in english then translated it to dutch and sent it. he said "Your Dutch is better than my English" I had a good laugh
    Anyway I am glad you took up the medium (material of choice). You will find it a rewarding hobby. If you make a mistake you can print a new piece and try again. Not many mediums allow you to do that without buying another kit. And there are thousands of Free models available on the Web some even here. Try that with plastic. I still have plastic models here to build. But only because their paper counterparts were too danged expensive on the web. I hate to say it but the germans charge a lot for their models. especially when you take the exchange into account. The Dollar is 2-1 against the Euro now. So when a model is 24 Euros that makes for a $50 paper model. Ouch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.