jerobins

Mar 29, 2007
NW Indiana
New to the hobby after retiring. Sat around for a short time and had the urge to start building something. N scale railroad seemed to fit the amount of room I had available. Started with the scenic ridge as a learning tool. As I am unable to leave things as they were designed, some changes had to be made. I will attach photo if I can figure that part out. :-D

Jim Robinson

PS, OK you win. Searching for the last 15 minutes for instructions on how to attach photos. Can any one help me with this one. Thanks.:cry:

OH, still looking foreward to chatting with you all.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Welcome to the Gauge! :wave:
Can't wait to see the pics of your Scenic Ridge.
I'm thinking about building one of those or going with one of the Terrain for Trains preformed layouts. I think the Scenic Ridge looks a little better and has a more intersting layout but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to build it.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
WELCOME TO THE GAUGE JIM!!!

You picked the rite place to come for model railroading cause this place is FULL of VERY helpful information, feel free to ask any questions you may have :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :)

jerobins

Mar 29, 2007
NW Indiana
OK Back on line. Here we go with my first photo attempt. Wish me luck. Thanks for the instructions

Jim Robinson

Attachments

• caben 03-18-2007 001.jpg
    caben 03-18-2007 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 18

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Wow!
Excellent work!
I really like the pond where the industrial factory was supposed to go. I thought about doing the same thing if I do one of these kits. I don't think Woodland's choice of buildings fits the scenery for this layout all that well.

I figured a pond like yours would be more at home up on that hill. Perhapse a small little town of some old single story houses, a grease money 50's gas station and maybe a rundown store would be better suited than a big factory and 5 story brick buildings.

Most of which can be bought from fellow forumite, Stripes.
(And I assume his grandson Tyler is getting in on the family business as well. ;) )

Did you use Atlas' track pack or did you lay your own?

jerobins

Mar 29, 2007
NW Indiana
I used the Atlas track pack. Where the town should go will be filled with a stone company and industrial buildings. This is an older photo showing the hole where the stone company will be.

Attachments

• Mountain 02-24-2007 007.jpg
    Mountain 02-24-2007 007.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7