Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rowdygoudy, Nov 10, 2006.

1. rowdygoudy

rowdygoudy New Member

I just wanted to say Hello! I have been lurking in the background reading the new posts on a daily basis for quite some time. I have been away from the hobby for nearly thirty years. My daughter who is seven, has quite a fasination for model trains. She loves to run the throttle (We set up a loop of track on a table and use my old tyco and bachman stuff) or just look at pictures of different layouts. While I am currently without a layout, I have decided to turn my garage attic into a layout area. It was supposed to be a woodworking shop, but I realized that moving stuff between levels was going to be to much of a pain. Trains are much lighter to transport up and down stairs. I have lots of questions to which I know many of you will have helpful answers.

2. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Welcome to the Gauge, well you came to the right place to get your questions answerd.
    The guys and gals here are very helpful.
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

My 5 year old daughter also likes the trains (she drew my avatar picture (at left) that you will undoubtedly recognize as Thomas ;) :D

Also - fantastic rationalization on the attic space - you wouldn't want to hurt your back hauling heavy wood up and down those stairs...!

Fire away with the questions.

4. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Hello and welcome. Ask away, some of us even know what we are talking about LOL :D
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge:wave:
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

:wave: Welcome To The-Gauge. :wave:
  7. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Hello and a big "welcome". I hope you and your daughter enjoy the new/old hobby.
  8. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge!!! :wave:

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time building and running a layout together, and I hope that once you start to build it you will share the experience with us! :)

10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Welcome aboard! Glad you could join us!
  11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Welcome to the Gauge.
  12. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Welcome aboard!:D

You'll find this site to be an extremely valuable source of info and tips! Enjoy!:thumb: aussie
  13. Play-Doh

Play-Doh Member

Welcome Aboard...this is one of the greatest group of helpfull folks I have ever met...always quick to asnwer and encourage! Enjoy!
  14. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Welcome! This is the place for some good answers and ideas.
  15. rowdygoudy

rowdygoudy New Member

I wish to thank you all for the many welcomes. Now if I can just figure out the apropriate forum for my many varied questions.
  16. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Except you might have to haul some wood up there to build the layout!
  17. soat204

soat204 New Member

hey, well im a newbie too, well, to this place i mean. Also i wish you and your daughter the best with your layout. Im sure we all would like to know what you have in mind for your layout. And since were both new people, we can both learn together:D