New member sez hi!

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
Hi Gang!
I am Goat and my wife is Dingbat. (Before you ladies get on your ear this has been here nickname for years and I think she is proud of it. She is far from a real dingbat. Every thing I am or have I owe to her, she is the brains of the outfit). I am a machinist for the CN/IC, and my wife is a machinist for Memphis Light Gas and Water (She is a real machinist, while am only a railroad machinist). For the last 10-12 years I have been running a wheel-truing machine. Memphis shop is one of the few remaining roundhouses left. You guys into scratch building might need some detail pictures of the way it is built. There are massive beams in the bracing of the roof and posts, some 18” in diameter. I have about 6 month to retirement and Dingbat said I need something to do. So….… We were into model railroading in the early 70s when the kids were small and she and I decided to take it up again. In the picture You can see part of our layout, or what’s left of it after being in the garage for these many years. I take lots of pictures and have quite a collection of trains and airplanes. I publish a monthly union newsletter, and I am the local lodge secretary. Also I am putting a picture of Dingbat and I taken while we were touring Woodcrest shop.
I happened on this Great sight by accident about 4 or 5 days ago and I have read about all the entries. My favorites list is jammed with links you guys have recommended.
Thanks!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge Goat and Dingbat. glad you stumbled on here. It is the friendlyest and best run forum on the net.

If you are having trouble posting pictures, as you state in another post, look at the top of this forum for a link to what you need to do. It outlines to size and pixel requirments. If you're still having problems, let us know.

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
One more time

Attachments

• us at woodcrest.jpg
    us at woodcrest.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 103

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
Thanks all!
I can't get Dingbat off her end long enough to get the bike back on the road. No, realy she said she wanted to fix it up and I am going to let her. Its a 1976 Super Glide, and no it was put in storage after the layout.
Cidchase; we have lived here 33 years.

I think we are going with HO. We have a lot of rolling stock, buildings and stuff. We went to the local train show a while back and she didn't like the N because we have a hard enough time seeing HO.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Welcome to the gauge, you picked a great forum to start off in.
Have a lot of fun
Shamus