New Member PnP Hobbies

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PnP Hobbies, Feb 21, 2005.

1. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Hi all just checking in.

I am a new member. :) Sorry I am not good at speaches so I will just say HI.... If anyone wants to chat my email address is or

I am a custom painter that is returning from Iraq, and am looking for a lil bit of help with DCC info in the near future. Designed a good size layout so you all might see a lot of questions in the near future.

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cool!! Just returning from Iraq?? You'll have to share some stories :) (Those you can tell - I mean) :D As far as asking questions - anytime you want to - just ask!

Just pick the appropriate forum & post!!! :) Be ready to take pictures of your layout too - not only do we enjoy pics - we need them sometimes to answer questions. :D

Welcome Aboard!!!! :D :D :D
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge Paul
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Welcome to the gauge, Paul.
    My nephew returned from Iraq last year, said He'd never ride another boat, and he hated sand! Would I be too far wrong assuming that your layout would have lots of trees? :D :D :D
  5. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Well being from the NW yes there will be tons of trees.... The ironic thing is that I am only 800 meters south of the Baghdad Rail station.....
  6. rksstl

rksstl Member

Welcome home and welcome to the gauge, Paul
  7. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I am not home yet BUT thank you I actually convoy today to Kuwait. I am a BC (Bradley comander) in a M2A2 Bradley fighting vehicle..
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Welcome aboard!!!
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

................ and you're using your G.I. Laptop to talk to us??? Way Cool!!!! Get the heck outta there & come back to your family!!! :) :) :)
  10. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I am trying Today is the morning of the 21st we were supposed to convoy the 17th (I hate delays) and roll ot Kuwait. at least I have a good photo shot of the tie down and shackling of out Brads so I can model my Military train corectly I have about 15-20 of Alan Curtis's 68' DODX flats with M2A2's M1A1's and M113's with about another 12 cars not made up yet.

I want to be back in Kuwait with my $5.00 coffee (from Starbucks) and get back and start work on the layout.

I have a 2 1/2 car detached garage (The shop- PnP Hobbies) the layout with be 2 level bottom being 22' 2-3' wide L shaped going another 14' so 22x14 L hsape and about 3-4 frrt at the and for a good turn around I am trying to model the Interbay yard in Seattle of BNSF
  11. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Actually speaking about family I just got done IM with them "God I love Webcams" and Bobby (my 3 1/2 old) who I think is more into the trains than I am at times, said the we have to go train shopping there are new "orange trains" to go buy (orange trains= BNSF) I am thinking that he is noticing more of the SD70MAC's in the Seattle reagon then the SD40-2's or C44-9w's
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome To The-Gauge. Have A Safe Tour over there and come home safe.
  13. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

well if everything goes as planed (we hope) I should be back by no later than the 9th
  14. ausien

ausien Active Member

Welcome to the gauge roster Paul, :thumb: :thumb: and god bless you and keep you safe.. sounds like that 3 1/2 yr old has plans for you mate:D :D :D ... have a good one ..steve
  15. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

PnP Hobbies, my brother will be heading over there in June this year. He is an engineer and will be operating off of the 113's. Is there any helpful words of wisdom for him? Good Luck on the convoy back. He said watch for the IED's.