New member/ Old hand

GS4

World's Greatest Hobby

Hi there folks,
I'm Simon Busby and I live on the otherside of the duck pond, in the City of Cape Town in South Africa. I've been involved with model trains all my life. IP inheritted the bug from my father. I'm also a fan of prototype railways, especially North American. My favorite RR Co. is the BNSF RW. I also have a great interest in it's predecessor roads, namely BN, ATSF, GN, CB&Q and the SP up to the UP takeover.

I model in HO scale, although I was into N scale for a number of years. I don't have a layout at present, so I fill my time building dioramas, which hopefully, I will one day use on a layout. Will post some pics later

I see that there are several familiar "faces around here, so I won't be a total stranger and I believe that there is another South African here who goes by the handle of "Madhatter" and lives in Roodeport, Gauteng.

Well, I think that's enough for now, so if I don't see you through the week, I'll see you in the threads.

Cheers, Simon

GS4

World's Greatest Hobby
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN

Thanks for the welcome guys, this looks like a good forum. I'm sure I'll enjoy being here. Jim, I think at almost two posts a day, you hear from Madhatter a bit more than occaissonally LoL. We have contacted each other by e-mail. Anyway, I look forward to spending time here at The Gauge

Cheers, Simon