New Member in TX Likes Aircraft

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by GarageSymfony, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarageSymfony

GarageSymfony New Member

Hello everyone.

I am a long time model builder, I built my first plastic model (Revell 1:72 X-15 when I was 6) using scotch tape because I didn't want to wait for the glue to dry. Over the years I have built hundreds more, gotten quite a lot of ejoyment out of it, and I got pretty good (if I do say so myself).

I built my first paper models about 10 years ago but I had a lot of trouble with them, I would usually mess them up beyond hope before they were half finished. Regardless, I remained fascinated by photos of paper model aircraft others had built, I was determined to figure it out.

Then I found this forum. By reading reviews to help me select models and the tips and tricks for technique, I have finaly started making some passable models. And it is sooooo fun.

I live in Texas, my other interests are amatuer radio, bicycling, computer music, and regular music (I am a trumpet player).

Although this is my first post, I owe you all a big "thank you" for the positive effect your comments in this forum have had on my enjoyment of paper modeling.

Projects so far:

ModelArt P-40D
    ModelArt MiG-3
    Fiddlers Green PB4Y (John Dell Version)
    Gremir P-47 "Torrid Tessie"
    Gremir Bf-109D
    LS SS Rotterdam (Not an aircraft, an ocean liner)

I look forward to sharing some pictures of these airplanes in the future.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! Sounds like you have quite a few under your belt already! Looking forward to seeing some of those pics too. :D Glad we were of help getting ya going :)
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Great to have you here.
    I will be waiting for the photos of Bf 109 and P-47 :mrgreen:
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

Welcome! Glad to see another Texan here. Where abouts are you?
    What scale do you build? Please post those photos when you can.

5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Welcome from a displaced Texan. I grew up in a little town just south of Austin, and was stationed at Ft Hood from 1988 to 1995.

Now that you've been welcomed, post some pics!!!
  6. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

You are one of the many modelers that have come on board after the site change!:thumb:

Looking forward to your pics!

N and Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  7. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Awesome. How about some pics of the P-47 you built??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.