New Member-HO Model Railroading & Live Steam

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by arr701, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arr701

arr701 New Member

Hello all,
    My name is Steve, I have been born a railroad addict. I have worked on the railroad on passenger trains, my father is still a conductor, and now I am president of a Non-Profit 501(c)3 Passenger Railroad.
    I am an Army Vet from OIF. I am now in the Air Force in the Alaska Air National Guard as a C-17 Loadmaster at Elmendorf AFB, AK. I am a volunteer firefighter in my local town Wasilla. All this, and I am only 24.
    I do own a small business that custom paints model trains. I have several corporate contracts and an online store where I sell my work as seen here:
    My favorite locomotive is the Alaska Railroad Budd RDC-3 #701 in the 1985-1990's Paint scheme. In which I have replicated in 1:8 Scale 7.5" gauge for use on live steam railroads. Its a whopping 10.5' long and is pretty darn heavy. I have attached a photo of it.
    I have a lot of knowledge I can share with you on the Alaska Railroad if anyone would like to know more.
    Railroads I have ridden: Alaska Railroad, Amtrak-Cascades-Coastal Starlight-Empire Builder- Silver Meteor-Acela-Texas Eagle , Farmrail, Eastern Japan Railways, the Texas Transportation Museum, LIRR, MTA NYC, DC Metro, London's Tube, Seattle Monorail, NJ TRANSIT, and of course the 25c kiddie ride in front of the store with the cheesy music.

Attached Files:

2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Well, um, wow! Nice model! Welcome to the boards. Look around and chime in.
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome, Steve! Have you built a model of Alaska Command's dooms-day train from the early 1980s yet? (run away and hide in a tunnel between Anchorage and Fairbanks - nobody will find it there ???!). Wife used to "own" that train (transportation officer at that time).

Another northern railway runs short trips from near Helsinki to Porvoo in Finland (engine and rolling stock bought for a song by "hobbyists" and restored, running on original tracks).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.