New member and first project!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by skuppers, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skuppers

skuppers New Member

Well I'm quite new to this forum ( first post in fact! ) and I am even newer to the building scene, however here is my first project:

Assembly forum ( with pictures on pages 1, 3, 4, ( 5 somebody else's similar project ) & finally page 6 )

Link to free project:

Feel free to drop me any pointers as I'm very new to this hobby!!

2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Welcome - looks pretty good!
    1) You say you are using tape? Have you considered glue? I'd imagine even Elmer's white glue would be easier / cleaner.
    2) Edge coloring. It can do wonders to the overall appearance of paper models to color the edges of the paper before assembly.

Obviously these are just suggestions - so long as you are having fun and happy with your build, that's all that matters. I saved that model - not sure if I'll ever print and build it, but it's pretty cool looking.
  3. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Looks like you are off to a good start to me.
    Always use sharp blades and use a steel ruler - use it slip proof side up to prevent damage to blades.

Most important - build what you like, how you like

4. skuppers

skuppers New Member

Actually I use a mix of elmers white glue and Pritt two-sided tape dispenser ( dispenses exactly like liquid white-out and is very clean to work with ).

I use the tape on both the under-side and flap and pinch them together. This dries semi-immediately, yet allows for some moving if required.

I usually glue over the flaps on the back-side to solidify the joint.

I might stick with the elmers glue as the tape is EXTREMELY expensive ( $9 for two glues and one gluestick )

I will likely start to use a marker on the next models I start as it is kind of late now for this :)
  5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Cool - whatever works for you and let's you have fun with it! Make sure and post up some pictures when you've finished the model up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.