New Logging RR Book

Summit

May 12, 2003
Elko, NV
www.trainweb.org
Just wanted to drop a quick note here...Oso Publishing (outfit that produces Tall Timber Short Lines) released a brand new book on logging railroads about a month ago. It is "Logging Railroads of the Klamath Country" and it covers all of the various logging and lumbering operations that used rail service in some form in the Klamath Falls, OR area. The book is by Jack Bowden, who was a long-time employee in train and engine service on the SP out of Dunsmuir. The book has one chapter for each of the logging railroad operations in the Klamath Falls area as well as a chapter each on common carriers Oregon California & Eastern Railroad and Klamath Northern Railroad. There are also chapters on three operations that worked around the fringe of Klamath country, the Shevlin-Hixon and Brooks-Scanlon operations out of Bend and Medford Corp. out of Medford.

I got my copy in the mail earlier this week and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in "pine" loggers out there.

More info at http://www.osorail.com

Summit
Elko, NV

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Summit,
Looks like a very nice logging book, let me know if its got some great photos in it, then I might buy it.
Shamus