New Lionel Power

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I just picked this Lionel Pennsylvania Rail Road RS -11 today. It wasn't a planned purchase but the detail was just something I never saw in a scale diesel at this price. So I bought it and I couldn't be more happy.

This is my first Lionel modern diesel and I am very surprised at how it compares to MTH Premier. The first think I noticed was the rollers. They are built much stronger and beefer than the MTH rollers. The smoke unit works as well if not better with the fan driven unit. Just the weight and feel of the engine is so much better.

While this is a scale model it is not one of their TMCC units and for $225 I was very happy. This engine brings back the glory days of the older Lionels. The pulling power can be compared to the modern Williams engines that are being made. However as I stated the detail is just great.

Well enough talk here is the new Lionel RS-11.

2. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Doesn't seem to stay on the track very well.... ;)

Fantastic, prototype specific detail! I wish Lionel would make locomotives like THIS in HO! :)
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:) Well it is running on MTH Real Trax and you know how bad that MTH stuff is. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)
  4. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Sweet engine you picked up there Renovo. Lionel has a great RS-11 that's for sure. I don't recall MTH offerring an RS-11. Also Weaver makes an RS-11, I wonder if they are made in the same factory. Enjoy and be sure to run long hood forward. :D

5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

man renovo,you got one hell of a great engine! the detail is almot TOO detailed for a factory engine.i wish that detail came in HO under 1000$ brass :mrgreen:.--josh
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

That is very sharp looking.
    Not my first choice of diesel but very well put together anyway.