New LHS???

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I have been searching for G-Scale parts at Local Hobby Shops without too much success.

So it looks like I'll be making the big trek to Mississauga to the Credit Valley Railway Company Ltd., to get what I am looking for...

I was looking at The Toronto Hobby Shop Directory and discovered West End Trains!

They appear to be a brand new Hobby Shop that is located across the street from the now out-of-business Den of Trains...

I'll have to go and check them out!

They are only open 3 Days a week and appear to specialize in European imports and list Marklin, Trix, Noch, Viessmann and Faller Products.

Store Hours: Thurdays & Friday 11:00AM to 7:00PM
Saturdays 11:00AM to 5:00PM

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hate to rain on your parade Ron, but I've checked the place out and they sure don't have a heck of a lot. What they do have is all European stuff, but there's not much in the way of supplies, like glue, styrene, strip wood, paint, which could be a reason to go there if for some crazy reason you model North America.

Guess it's off to Mississauga Rd after all - that's where I go now.

Oh and they're not that new - been around for at least a couple years I think.

Val

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
We have an avid G scaler in our group up here and the one place he mentioned as a good place to shop is

Niagra Central Hobbies

Unfortunately they are in St. Catharines so it is a little more of a trek than to Credit Valley.

I have never made it that far (I usually stop at Credit Valley when ever I am in the big smoke) but our G scaler has bought most of his supplies from them.

Garry

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
If you can't easily get up to the Orangeville area, have you checked out the website of Hockley Valley RR lately ?
www.hvrr.ca
I know they do mailorder.

They have always been H0 and G since founded, and there was an ownership change in 2002, and again in 2003.

I understand they were going into 0n30 this year also.
regards;
Mike,
Sick of the snow in Meaford,
15 days snow in last 17 days,
Ontario.:curse: