New Layout

John P

Hello All
It's been awhile since my last post, busy shovelling snow lol. I took it apon myself to rip my layout apart and start over again. The reason for such a drastic move is that I was not happy with my orignial layout which involved four pop ups which made me feel like a praire dog, popping up like a Wack-a-Mole LOL. I also was able to increase the foot print of the overall layout which allowed me to increase my radii from 18" to 22", 24" and 26", now I have no problem, sort of, with my 6 wheeled trucks. I'll try to post some pictures on the weekend.
Take Care

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Glad to see you back John and your new layout sounds like it will be much better for you running wise with the wider radius turns :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to soome pics :wave: :mrgreen: :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Your plans sound like they'll make for a more satisfying layout John. I reconfigured my layout a few years ago to get rid of a duck under section. Glad I did it!
Ralph

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
attachment.php

This is a rough drawing of the new & improved Layout.

Linky no worky. :mrgreen:

jesso

Those are some great gifts. I would love to see a dcc controller under the tree. Layout looks like fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Sweet. That's going to be a ton of fun to operate once things get rolling. Have fun with it every step of the way man.

John P

Some more Pics

X"Only two wires and a way you go with your new DCC system" that my be true but I've spent the last three days wiring my 2 power districts, 2 reverse loop with 4 tack buses and 60 odd feeders.

100_1135.jpg
This is the 44 pin connector that goes with the Digitrax PM42, this is wired with Power District 1=reverse loop1, PD2=rl2, PD3=circuit protection, & PD4=cp:eek:

100_1153.jpg
Ezample of three individual track buses-not very straight:eek:ops:

100_1159.jpg
Digitrax PM42=retail here at LHS=$82cdn
100_1156.jpg
This section was missed in my last upload oops:cry:

I'm heading back to the basement to work on feeders & feeders & feeeedeerrsss
Later