New Layout

Scoobie

Feb 21, 2006
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Hey all, first I have to say I haven't been doing much with model railroading lately ( about the last3 months ). I've been really busy with work and everyday things. Last weekend I did rip apart about 1/2 of my basement. When all said and done it will be a bedroom for my 8 yrs old son, storage space, and a room for a " L " shaped 5x12x8 layout:twisted: that will have a line going threw the wall into my sons room and a switch and staging yard in his room. I will send pics with the progress, but I have to get the bedroom finished before the layout room ( per Mrs Scoobie)sign1sign1. This should fun!wall1wall1

Go Big1

Dec 29, 2006
NW Suburbs of Chicago
I really haven't done anything train related in about 3 months as well. Being new to this hobbie, I have come to realize that, at least in my case, in the summer I tend to want to be outside doing things with my family. It seems like that trend prevails for a lot of Gaugers - that MRRing is more of a "winter sport"!

Scoobie - good luck with the bedroom and subsequent layout.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
it sounds like you got a plan goin scoob! i myself would like to have tracks run through me and the wifes room but someone doesnt want the "noise" ,although i keep telling her its my kinda music :mrgreen:.cant wait ot see the basement and your new layout progress! --josh

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Congratulations Scoobie!

There's a rule on the gauge about posting track plans and progress photos:p

Since I think you said it is your first layout, be sure to post any questions you have. We can help you avoid reasonable mistakes such as 18" rad curves...since most equipment technically goes around it...they just might not be able to pull any cars behind them sign1