New layout, want help! N Scale

xbbox

Jul 10, 2006
Ok, I have a whole bunch of N Scale Bachmann ez track and I've pretty much had my fun with it for now. I have a 4' X 8' area that I just set the track up and run my train around for hours at a time. When I would think of another layout or something, I would tear it all down and redo it. I'm tired of looking at a blank area with just track on it though, and I have no imagination what so ever. So basically what I'm looking for is a nice flat layout that I can do. I don't want mountains or hills or anything like that cuz I don't have the knowledge or time to really do them. I do have 2 sets of risers and one set of the high piers, so elevation is not out of the question. I'm wanting to run to trains on there if possible, but all on one track. Something like an inner/outer track (not sure the proper name for it) that switches over to one another. At the time I currently have 5 right switches, and 2 left switches, but I will get more if need be to use for a yard, as I would rather use them for the layout at this time till I can get more cars.

I'm looking for more of a construction/refinery type layout cuz my life pretty much revolves around it, I've been working in plants for almost 10 years now.
Looking for a train yard.
Looking for a shipping container yard cuz I like the TTX shipping units and I'm fixing to get some.

That's about the only things I'm really wanting, any help will deffinately be appreciated. Thanks, Cory.

xbbox

Jul 10, 2006
Yes, unfortunately so. They made a mess and was messing up my track, so I took them off. I loved it though, they would run around their cages trying to follow the train like they were gonna attack it or something. Lol!

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
It is a little boring and I don't know if it will translate to the track that you have, but it follows the number of switches that you said you have. I am sure that others can come up with better stuff but here is my submission:

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 184

Chad

Dec 19, 2006
Cumming, GA, USA
There is an error in it but you get the idea...

4x8.jpg

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
:) i am going to try one or both of your suggestions w/ some nscale snap track i have. I've been suffering from a creative block/apprehension when it comes to layouts. I can play int eh desgin programs fine hehe, but actually operating the layout i come up w/ is another issue, so i think i'm going to mooch/leech when it comes to my next layout design.

Thanks again!! :).

Chad

Dec 19, 2006
Cumming, GA, USA
I think that the best thing that you can do is play with the Atlas software, then there is no question about what to order or if the turns will work inside the area that you decided to play in.