New Layout Pictures

UP SD40-2

TruckLover said:
The boxcar was a 50' Union Pacific w/the Red/White scheme (Man Deano is going to be mad at me for doing that):eek:ops: sign1 .
YOU DESTROYED A UP BOX!!!:eek: :curse: :rolleyes: tooth1 sign1 well, at least you did a GREAT JOB painting and weathering it:thumb: :D . looking good Josh!:thumb: BTW, i did the same on dads layout, only I DIDN'T USE A UP BOX TO DO IT!:rolleyes: :D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
UP SD40-2 said:
YOU DESTROYED A UP BOX!!!:eek: :curse: :rolleyes: tooth1 sign1 well, at least you did a GREAT JOB painting and weathering it:thumb: :D .

I kinda figured you would say something along that linesign1 sign1

viperman

At least it wasn't a BN (none of that BNSF stuff, destroy it all you want)!

I like the idea of the cutouts in the hoppers, why haven't I thought of something so simple!?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Well I finished some more of the road yesterday. I decided that I was going to just pave over where the track is supposed to go for right now and just come back and cut out the track path later. These are the only 4 pictures before my camera died and I don't have anymore batteries at the moment.:curse: :curse: I put in power lines along the road but I have to go back and fix a couple cause some of the low voltage crossarms came off. Here are the pics. The last 1 is of my BNSF Dash 8-40B with a string of coal hoppers coming out of New River.

Attachments

• Wide Shot.jpg
    Wide Shot.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 244
  • excavator.jpg
    excavator.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 245
  • New Gravel Truck.jpg
    New Gravel Truck.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 239
  • bnsf.jpg
    bnsf.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 242

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
uh oh, you really should be pateint and just get the track down first before making the roads. Also, did you literally pae over the tracks in the last picture, or are the tracks clean and flangeways cut, and the picture is just to blurry to see?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
green_elite_cab said:
uh oh, you really should be pateint and just get the track down first before making the roads.

I know I should have been more patient but I already tested to see how hard it would be to rip up a small section to allow track and roadbed and it was not that hard as long as you have a vaccum cuase the stuff gets everywhere.

green_elite_cab said:
Also, did you literally pae over the tracks in the last picture, or are the tracks clean and flangeways cut, and the picture is just to blurry to see?

I did cut out the path for the wheels and I cleaned the rails off after I was done. That picture was a little blurry huh??:curse:

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I don't know, it would definitely had been easier and better to have waited.

as for close up pictures of things, its nearly impossible unless you have special lenses. one way to make things look better is the get a bright light in the room, and turn off your flash. Things look a million times better that way.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
These pictures were taken at about 7 am and the sun isn't really on my side of the house in the morning and the light in my room isn't that great. I guess I have to take the lamps off the light to get it right?? :D :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
viperman said:
Isn't that bulldozer a bit close to where the mail line will be running? Not gonna be hit will it?

It shouldn't unless I have a flat with an oversized load. If it does, there is a little room to move the excavator over.

This is the spot were the double crossover will go.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I don't really no so that is why I left a good amount of space leading up to it on both sides incase I have to change it a little.:D :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hey Viperman, here is a couple BN Cars that I have. They are being pulled by my BNSF Dash 8-40B.

Attachments

• ENGINE.jpg
    ENGINE.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 234
  • BN BOX.jpg
    BN BOX.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 232
  • BN cEMENT.jpg
    BN cEMENT.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 235
  • BN cEMENT 2.jpg
    BN cEMENT 2.jpg