new layout pics

B&Mfan

Feb 24, 2008
Here are a few pics of my new layout that's in the works. The layout is set in New England (Vermont most likely) during the early 50's. Boston & Maine, Canadian National, Rutland, and Central Vermont (if I paint my own engine) rule the rails. Hopefully my picture posting skills are good enough. Send me some feedback, enjoy the pics.trainpics

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hi Chris, theres a couple ways you can post pictures here.

The first is the one that I use.

In the format box (box that you type in when you reply to a post of post a new thread) theres a little icon that has a picture of a mountain and a sun. Its black and yellow. click that icon and paste the URL if its a picture or file you got from the web in the box and hit enter. Your picture appears in your post and you can type above and below the picture. You can only upload files that are already on the web, not your computer. You will have to use the second option for uploading files from your computer.

The second way is the first way I learned when i became a member here on this AWESOME forum. Scroll down when your in the "reply to post" page (the same box as i mentioned above, its the one that you type in the submit a reply to a thread or make a new thread.) Scroll down to the Additional Options box until you see the "attach files" box. Click the Manage Attatchments button. This allows you to upload a file from your computer or the web. Make sure your pictures are no bigger then 800 x 600 pixes or it wont let you upload them. You can upload a total of 5 files this way in one post and then you have to submit another reply to the thread doing the same process if you have additional files that you want to post. When you are finished uploading your files close the "Manage Attachments" box, your attachments appear in the "Attached Files" box. Hit submit reply and your done :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing some pics from you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B&Mfan

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks Josh, I will give this a shot again.

Attachments

• PICT0708.jpg
    PICT0708.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0710.jpg
    PICT0710.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0711.jpg
    PICT0711.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0712.jpg
    PICT0712.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PICT0714.jpg
    PICT0714.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 7

B&Mfan

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks, the paint I used is Testors flat black. I like this product because it doesn't "attack" the foam base like other spray paints. I don't have an airbrush, I just shoot from the can so to speak. Here are a few more pics as well.

Chris

Attachments

• PICT0714.jpg
    PICT0714.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0715.jpg
    PICT0715.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0718.jpg
    PICT0718.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11
  • PICT0720.jpg
    PICT0720.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 8

B&Mfan

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks. Most of my structures are scratchbuilt, including the covered bridge. I use books, magazines, and buildings from around here in New England for inspiration. The church is based on one in Ossipee New Hampshire. The freight house closely resembles the one in Bartlet New Hampshire along the former B&M, now Conway Scenic Railroad. The small train station is based off of one that stood here in my hometown. I think that I will be adding a village green somewhere on the layout, so I will scratchbuild some houses, and a meetinghouse perhaps. I'll keep posting pics as I progress. The pics that are already posted are pretty current.

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Nice layout B&Mfan. Keep posting on your progress.
I'm modeling the Canadien National ( they have a track 100 meters down the road ) and last week when I took a railfanning walk along the track I had to ask for .. a Kleenex to one of the CN employees. Nice friendly people.
Now I can even get Illinois Central engines on my layout.

Jacques

B&Mfan

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks. The track is Atlas, but the plan was in my head mostly. I look at other layouts on this site or in magazines to get ideas. Right now I'm waiting for my flex track and switches so I can install the three-track staging yard. I am also do some landscaping (hills) and roadwork. I will post pics when I have made a little more progress.