new layout photos

mummert

Jan 18, 2007
Pa
Now that the holidays are over and I got my train room back ( Christmas boxes stored in the room) I was able to get back to work. My main focus has been on getting the second mountain completed. It is not quiet finished but close enough for some pictures.

Here it is under constuction.

113_1363.jpg

Here it is just about completed.

113_1373.jpg

As you can see I aslo built my coal mine here is a close up.

113_1367.jpg

I'm am excited about finally getting some progress done. I also moved some track around to get some more industry in but I dont have any pictures of that yet. More to come

mummert

Jan 18, 2007
Pa
Here is the pictures of the track I moved.

This picture here I added a switch to siding that will go to woods furniture.

113_1376.jpg

Here I extended the arrival and departure track another ten inches, it is the track to the right of the inner loops main line.

113_1377.jpg

Here is what it looked like prior to extending the track. I think it is an improvment.

113_1331.jpg

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
Very very sweet bro. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wish I had the skill and the space you have. All in good time. I am still practicing and learning. Working on a 2x4 layout at the moment.

Keep up the good work. :wave:

Roch

jmurphy148

Nov 8, 2007
Cape Coral, Florida
Looks real good so far. Are those Woodland Scenics incline sets that you are using for the ramps and what is the blue cast over all the track?

Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures.

John

mummert

Jan 18, 2007
Pa
jmurphy I did use Woodland Scenics inclines and I was very happy with how well they worked. As far as the track that is over spray from when I painted the track. I just used floquil grimy black to spray paint the track and then cleaned the top of the track off with rubbing alcohol. It may not be a prototypical color but it does take the shine off the track. Here is an example of what it looks like.

112_1287.jpg

And yes I know my trucks and wheels still need to be painted.:mrgreen:

mummert

Jan 18, 2007
Pa
It is longer and longer between updates on my layout. My dad has been hit with cancer and needs full time care so it lets me little time to work on my layout. But I have got a little bit of work done. I have a section on my layout that I dont need to do anymore work to so I thought I would get something on my layout with a finished look to it so I took my first stab at scenery. It is not really finished because I still want to add some trees but at least there is some green on my layout with a few bushes instead of just a bunch of the same color paint.

115_1532.jpg

115_1534.jpg

mummert

Jan 18, 2007
Pa
I was very happy with how my hillside turned on my previous pictures until I started working on my mountain. I tried something different with the mountain then I did on the first hill and first put down earth blend instead of just putting green grass down first. It blended so much better and looks so much better (I know common sense for you experienced guys but this is my first go). My pictures really dont do it much justice because I dont have enough light in the room yet and I am forced to use my flash which seems to highlight everything extra bright. I am so much happier with this that I may eventually redo the first hillside. Ahh hobby security:thumb:. This mountain will eventually get a bunch of trees on it and maybe a logging crew working up on it. Also one thing with pictures it points out my mistakes that I forgot about (the paint smear I forgot to fix by the tunnel).

115_1588.jpg

115_1591.jpg