New layout photos with the new camera

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
I purchased an Olympus C-4000z a few weeks back and have been experimenting with it ever since. It's really a fine camera, and based on the amount of Olympus owners on the board, it appears I made a great choice. I really like it and it has every feature/capability "I" would ever need out of a digital.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 185

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Wow. What a differance a camera can make! That shot of the bridge is similar to others you've posted but now looks awesome. It really helps to appreciate what a fine job of modeling you've done. Nice work.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Uteram
Excellent photo's from what appears to be an excellent camera. D.O.F. is also quite good since you shot the photo at close quarters. Now you can play around with the settings. hehe.

Shamus
waver.gif

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great depth of field in the first photo. Does your camera have manual settings or was this automatic?
As others have already said. great modeling and superb photography

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Thanks all.

Matthyro, the camera has both full manual and auto capabilties. For this picture, I used manual settings.

Shamus, that is one thing I've also liked about this camera is the depth of field. The macros on this camera are incredible as well. If I needed to, I could focus in on a figure only a centimeter away. I'll post a sample....

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Here you go....The camera is positioned about 3/4 of an inch away.

if any of you are college basketball fans, this fisherman I have dubbed "Rick" as an homage to Rick Majerus, basketball coach at my beloved alma mater, the Univ. of Utah. The fisherman has a striking resemblance

For what it's worth, the derivitave of my moniker Uteram is from "Ute", the nickname of my university and, "Ram", the name of my favorite NFL team.:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• rick.jpg
    rick.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 121

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats a real good closeup photo. camera is excellent. Good lighting also helps.

Shamus
waver.gif

Jim T

Jan 25, 2003
Warrenton, OR
www.freewebs.com
Those are reallly great pictures. I and I'm sure others would really like to know just what manual settings you used to get that great depth of field. Also, was this last macro shot done in manual also? Keep up the good work.

Jim

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Lighting is my next step for improvements.

What you, or others, suggest as a good beginning lighting "package" to get good spot lighting as well as fill lighting.

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
aartwmich, once I have I have the settings how I want them, the camera autofocuses on the subject. It's quite easy. I was intimidated at first, but haven't had a "bad" shot yet, when doing it manually.

Jim T, If I remember correctly, this particular shot was done with the aperature set at f8, but I don't remember the speed or exposure setting. One thing that's nice about the camera, if it senses the lighting isn't quite right, it will compensate for you.