New layout in the works.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
My original idea was to simply use some "L" braces mounted to the wall for storing the cassettes, but instead went to using shelf standards and brackets. Makes positioning the brackets much easier.

A look at how power gets to the cassette. There's contacts on both sides of the cassette, so turn a train I simply turn the cassette around.

Also since the last post I've been slowly working on the first building to the Walther's Consolidated Diary kit. Today I finished up the walls and gave it a coat of paint (roof brown). I'll assemble all the windows next and then glue those into place with the doors. The window frames and doors were painted Reefer Gray.

Wiredup

Dec 8, 2007
very cool system you got going there for staging!

inspirational layout. thanks for sharing!

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Finished up the main building of the diary kit today. Looks pretty good. Gotta paint that chimney stack.

Not sure if I'm build any of the buildings in the kit (there's 3 more). Once I get some of the trackwork done in this area I'll get a better idea of how the industry will be laid out and can go from there.

I also started working on a Glacier Gravel kit. It went together pretty quickly and the paint is drying now on it. Pics of that one later.

Also, just have to say I love love love Floquil paints in a can. So much easier than an airbursh (setup, cleanup wise) to me.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
This kit was really easy and went together quickly. Only took me two days.

The lower section is painted Floquil Concrete, the upper sections are Testors Dark Aircraft Gray, and the the steel structures are Floquil Tuscan.