New Layout Construction - Pics!!

HuskerN

Jun 4, 2003
Omaha, NE
Visit site
My friend Bob and I joined forces in building him a 5x7 layout with a Rocky Mountian/Rio Grande Theme. I recently bought a digicam and took some shots to share. We have had 2 work sessions so far, and are making progress! Work sessions are 1 night per week for about 3 or 4 hours so far. We are using the trackplan from Mike Danneman's 5x7 layout for those who are familiar with it.

Here is a blank sheet of plywood we started with. You can see the framing in the background we built in our 1st work session.

aab.jpg

here I am drawing the trackplan onto the plywood using my homemade adjustable compass. (very handy)

aac.jpg

Bob is making dust! Cutting out the cookie-cutter style subroadbed with a jigsaw.

aad.jpg

Subroadbed is cut out, spliced, glued, and setting on top of the frame. Next week will be elevation risers, and begin laying cork. We hope to have trains running soon!

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the Gauge HuskerN and Bob. Interesting to see your steps in construction so far. Will be looking for more. That is a mighty clean garage you have to work in there. Wish mine was but as it's too cold to do anything in there these days.