Hello all,

I just completed my latest scratch/kit- bash project of a 1987
design scrap bucket carrier.Drawings for the prototype were
downloaded from the US patent office.Carrier took about four
days,working in the evening after work.

The base of the project was again a HO Norscot 627G scraper.The
whole rear half,from the yoke to the back wheels was scratch
built.The crappy scrap bucket {which will have a better looking one
built} was a tide cap and junk parts laying around.

As of now I still haven't been able to build my shed to house the steel mill layout.So what does one do? Simple build everything that goes with a large intergrated steel mill before building the layout.

This kress carrier makes the third sister to be built.Another one is in the planning phase,it will be a large slab carrier on a 1989 design.

Hope you boys enjoy the pictures.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

KressscrapbucketcarrierHOscale001.jpg

KressscrapbucketcarrierHOscale003.jpg

KressscrapbucketcarrierHOscale002.jpg

KressscrapbucketcarrierHOscale004.jpg

KressscrapbucketcarrierHOscale005.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
WOW,jawdrop that is sooo incredible!!!!! i cant beleive you scratch built that! i wish they had those in 56!cause ida definatley had one! great stuff slagpot :thumb: --josh

doctorwayne

Great job, Patrick. :thumb: :thumb: Even the temporary stand-in for the scrap bucket is more than passable. I look forward to seeing your slab carrier, too, as those are the ones that I'm most familiar with.

Wayne

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Terrific work on such interesting vehicles! I especially like the cable and hose details!
Ralph

slagpot

Thanks guys,really means a lot. Hopefully one day soon I can set all this stuff up. My work bench is crammed with almost everything needed for the mill.Sheez I'll have to build a shed ,just to get this stuff out of the house. Wife feels the same way,she can't wait to see it all out of the house.

Patrick

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
there is always something to use out there! and a new way for a great nodeler to use them! :D .but ive never seen a better use for old lego parts.-josh

alastairq

well dne...what scratch building is really all about?

How d'you wheedle those wheels away from the kids without them noticing?

Or were they the neighbour's kids?

slagpot

Hey, aren't those Lego wheels - the kind used for airplane landing gear?

Yeah sure are. They are the closest thing I could find the the back wheels of the real machine. I love legos....if I can't find a part in my scrap box,I go searching in the lego pile for it.

Patrick

slagpot

well dne...what scratch building is really all about?

How d'you wheedle those wheels away from the kids without them noticing?

Or were they the neighbour's kids?
\

I have a friend at work,who finds old toys such as lego parts and keeps them for me. Working for local county goverment in DPW solid waste division has its perks.
One mans trash is another man treasure.

Patrick